Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Breaking News: The Pistons trade Billups and McDyess to the Nuggets for Iverson.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Gotta move this to around the NBA.

I didn't see this on their site, this has been a rumor are you sure this isn't just the rumor being reported?

It a official, there going to annouce it in a little while. Stephen A. Smith just broke it on ESPN.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

It a official, there going to annouce it in a little while. Stephen A. Smith just broke it on ESPN.

It's true. Just saw it at the bottom of the screen on ESPN. They are getting ready to announce it.

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

quote:

It's true. Just saw it at the bottom of the screen on ESPN. They are getting ready to announce it.

Joe Dumar is a genius, he'll have over 30 million off the book next year just off of AI and Wallace alone. You might want to add the Pistons to the 2010 LeBron sweepstake.

Wow. I don't get it. They still have Hamilton on that team correct? Stuckey is more of a combo guard, so who is going to pass the ball? I just don't get this trade.

Does anyone else think this makes the Pistons alot less scary? No tough minded PG in Billups and McDyess to bang down low?

I think might be more about the expirings as well. Its not like they will sign Iverson long term. Maybe Dumars thinks the window has closed so he is seeing if he can jump start something this season and if not start the rebuilding process.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Wow. I don't get it. They still have Hamilton on that team correct? Stuckey is more of a combo guard, so who is going to pass the ball? I just don't get this trade.

Does anyone else think this makes the Pistons alot less scary? No tough minded PG in Billups and McDyess to bang down low?

It make both teams better.

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't say that. I forget AI was expiring though, so I guess that makes sense. I just don't see why he did this trade this early in the season. Did he really feel Detroit had nothing left to give it one last run?

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't say that. I forget AI was expiring though, so I guess that makes sense. I just don't see why he did this trade this early in the season. Did he really feel Detroit had nothing left to give it one last run?

McDyess became expendable, with the play of Herrmann, Maxiell, and Johnson, and Joe D has been trying to move Billup all summer.