Sign in to follow this  
d12magic04

why have a 15 man roster and not use all of it...never understood this!!!

I dont care about if so and so did this in practice or if so and so doesnt get along with the coach....if i am in svg's shoes and someone isnt stepping up im using everyone i can to fill in for them. i dont care if i have to pull that fat guy outta the stands. im using whoever will come out and show heart for me that night. I have never understood having a full roster and only a 9 man rotation???? you know some of those guys on the end of the bench are dying for PT and will give some heart and hustle out there on the court. much more than the pri madonnas that stars tend to turn into. laughing and giggling while we get our asses handed to us bc they know they will be in the starting lineup for every game. to sum it all up if youre only going to use 9-10 people on the team why have a 15 man or whatever roster?

I dont care about if so and so did this in practice or if so and so doesnt get along with the coach....if i am in svg's shoes and someone isnt stepping up im using everyone i can to fill in for them. i dont care if i have to pull that fat guy outta the stands. im using whoever will come out and show heart for me that night. I have never understood having a full roster and only a 9 man rotation???? you know some of those guys on the end of the bench are dying for PT and will give some heart and hustle out there on the court. much more than the pri madonnas that stars tend to turn into. laughing and giggling while we get our asses handed to us bc they know they will be in the starting lineup for every game. to sum it all up if youre only going to use 9-10 people on the team why have a 15 man or whatever roster?

who is dwight going to play against in practice? also there is this thing called injuries, oh yeah and its required by the league

see this is why i dont post on this board. this was more of a rheatorical statement than anything. This board is full of smart asses with limited actual basketball knowledge. So, what you smart guys are tellin me is C Lee and gortat shouldnt get some more pt.

quote:
Originally posted by d12magic04:

see this is why i dont post on this board. this was more of a rheatorical statement than anything. This board is full of smart asses with limited actual basketball knowledge. So, what you smart guys are tellin me is C Lee and gortat shouldnt get some more pt.

Why would you start a new thread with a rhetorical question?

On a team expecting to win more than 50 games a season, guys like Lee and Gortat won't get as much of a chance to develop on the court as they would on a team like Memphis or OKC. As they get up to speed and start earning playing time in practice, they will start to get time on the court.

I don't see where the smart responses are. If you didn't want a response, why did you post this? If you wanted an answer to a different question why not just post the question you want the answer to?

quote:
Originally posted by d12magic04:

Perhaps you should rethink the title of your thread if Lee and Warlocks playing time is what your real concern is.

I personally think both guys should be getting more playing time. However, to do that two of the guys that are currently getting playing time are going to be riding the bench in their places. There is a reason that no coach goes more than 10 deep into his playing rotation. Players have to develop a continuity when they are on the court and that is extremely difficult when players are constantly shuffling in and out of the lineup.

Although is too erly in the season to bring this up, last year we were forced to use players that rode the bench all season, during the first and second round, such as Gortat. How about his confidence?

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

Although is too erly in the season to bring this up, last year we were forced to use players that rode the bench all season, during the first and second round, such as Gortat. How about his confidence?

In the NBA, if we use a 12-man rotation in the regular season against a bunch of teams using a 9-man rotation, playoffs won't be an issue. We won't be in them.

But, yes, the Magic have historically done a horrid job of developing talent, unless that talent happens to be a top-notch talent anyway. Everyone talks about "if we had only kept the draft pick for Rodney Stuckey". That's laughable. If we had done so, Rodney Stuckey would still be sitting in suits during the games getting no playing time because that is what the Magic do, and what they have always done.

Speaking of a 15-man roster, there's something I don't understand.

Why are we retaining the services of Mike Wilks when he was on a non-guaranteed contract and he's out for the season? Why not just cut him and work with a 14-man roster?