Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Game Thread: Kings @ Magic 11/1

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

the aspect of them being young is about the only bright spot, it's a dim one, but that's about the only area where we should be able to take advantage...that and their front end...ATL and Memphis are both young teams, and they both killed us...hopefully we can capitalize on the match up tonight...because Martin and Salmons are monsters...and Theus appears to be a pretty solid coach...

on a side note, am I the only one thinking that we should let MP come off the bench for a few games? go retro with a Jameer/Bogans/Hedo/Shard/Dwight lineup to start and inject MP/AJ/Battie/Gortat as needed...idk, might be silly, but MP seems to be throwing out starting 5 off track...just until he becomes acclimated...

No way, Kevin Martin will get off to a good start with Bogans guarding him. We got to have MP on K-Mart at the start of the game, hopefully MP won't get into early foul trouble. I don't know why Otis didn't go after Matt Barnes or Gerald Green to help out our bench.

Another young athletic team, dangerous.

If we dont play as a team, we wont win

Kevin Martin will go off on us if Bogans is guarding him.

Pietrus needs to remember why he is here.

And hedo and Lewis need to remember they are teammates

And meer needs to remember how to initiiate an offense

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

the aspect of them being young is about the only bright spot, it's a dim one, but that's about the only area where we should be able to take advantage...that and their front end...ATL and Memphis are both young teams, and they both killed us...hopefully we can capitalize on the match up tonight...because Martin and Salmons are monsters...and Theus appears to be a pretty solid coach...

on a side note, am I the only one thinking that we should let MP come off the bench for a few games? go retro with a Jameer/Bogans/Hedo/Shard/Dwight lineup to start and inject MP/AJ/Battie/Gortat as needed...idk, might be silly, but MP seems to be throwing out starting 5 off track...just until he becomes acclimated...

No way, Kevin Martin will get off to a good start with Bogans guarding him. We got to have MP on K-Mart at the start of the game, hopefully MP won't get into early foul trouble. I don't know why Otis didn't go after Matt Barnes or Gerald Green to help out our bench.

yea you're right, MP really held Joe Johnson down...he did a real bang up job last night too...I can see your point...

Not really in this thread, in particular, but on this board, people need to chill out with the panic, some of the threads I've been seeing are hilarious.

However, if we don't beat Sacramento I think it might be time to start worrying, cuz I really think the Kings are the worst team in the NBA. Kings look like an AAU team. Only dude worth anything is Martin.

quote:
Originally posted by avitale8:

Not really in this thread, in particular, but on this board, people need to chill out with the panic, some of the threads I've been seeing are hilarious.

However, if we don't beat Sacramento I think it might be time to start worrying, cuz I really think the Kings are the worst team in the NBA. Kings look like an AAU team. Only dude worth anything is Martin.

You must don't know John Salmons, Jason Thompson and Spencer Hawes.

there was a time in last nights game when the Magic looked good...

I think this SG position should be locked in and quit playing who's going to start and who's going to play ...

I BELIEVE it's messing with everyone's head and throwing the line-up off.

lol...Salmons would be a servicable backup, Hawes is a joke, and Thompson's a rookie...

Like I said, if we lose to them, i think we might want to start worrying, because, from what I've seen of the Kings in their first 2 games (I know, not really a good argument for someone arguing for the Magic) and from the caliber of players they have, they're a pretty weak team.

quote:
Originally posted by avitale8:

lol...Salmons would be a servicable backup, Hawes is a joke, and Thompson's a rookie...

Like I said, if we lose to them, i think we might want to start worrying, because, from what I've seen of the Kings in their first 2 games (I know, not really a good argument for someone arguing for the Magic) and from the caliber of players they have, they're a pretty weak team.

Salmons is a monster, Hawes is pretty soft, I havent seen too much that I like from him yet, but he's had some decent games, averaging like 3 blks a game, but no real argument from me here yet. Thompson is a real problem, did you know that your Magic were looking at trading for a pick to draft him along with Courtney? yea, he's a solid player, did you peep this kids #'s? in the first two games 14, 8 and 1 in 20 minutes...c'mon...

I didnt really say nothing bad about Thompson, I saw his numbers, but what I was saying was he asked if I knew him, and I said he's a rookie, so as in all the rookies, we dont really know what they're going to be like, until we see a good stretch of games.