Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Dean

Bianchi rips Schmitz for picking Dwight over Shaq as Magic's greatest player

The problem with Penny has never been his talent, it was his attitude and his physical health.

And while the stink from Penny's involvement in the first Brian Hill firing might have lessened in light of Hill's second stint with the team, it doesn't change the fact that this was yet another player who soured on the organization and wanted out. I'm not saying he didn't have justification.

But as for honoring a player based on a highlight reel, well, I'm not sure about that.

I watched that "best plays" clips and they were primarily athletic finishes on the offensive end. If that is the criteria for best Magic player ever, then my guess is that we can compile a top-10 clip of T-Mac's four years here that will blow anyone else away.

Now, does anyone care to nominate T-Mac as greatest Magic player ever?

My Reply to him:

Greatest "Magic Player" of all time. Thats what we are talking about, not the greatest "Laker", or the greatest "Heat", or the greatest "Sun" of all time.

You know if you think about thats 4 championships we "COULD'VE" had, if Shaq had stayed. But he left, and before someone jumps in and starts bringing up Coach Brian Hill, Shaq did not have a gun to his head, he could' have stayed.

And so as Shaq left the "Magic" he took with him 4 possible championships.

When Shaq left, our team went straight down hill (no pun intended).

Our Team the "Orlando Magic" seemed like a team destined for failure.

Then as another horrible non promising season goes down in flames, we get another take at number 1 in the draft.

As if the stars were align, there just happened to be a young "shaq-like" center just stepping out of High School.(Omeka was never going to be like Shaq)

(Just so happens, that a year before I read about him in the ESPN Mag)

And I guess its pretty safe to assume, that our front office seen something in him that blew their mind.

Because with that number one pick, we drafted Dwight Howard. And as always when it comes to the Orlando Magic, alot of people were not pleased (including T Mac).

So we set on another T-mac-less season with questions, left with 2 draft picks Howard and Nelson.

What we learned from that 36 win 46 loss season, which is better than the last T-Mac season, is Dwight is simply a "BEAST".

His first point was a dunk against Memphis. Dunk after dunk he finished his "first" game with 18pts, 9 rebs at the age of 18.

Its ridiculous to have an 18 yr old Center, who is 6'11, to almost have a double-double in his first game.

The last thing we learned during that season. Dwight has better gift's than Shaq, hands down.

Dwight was faster, quicker, pound for pound stronger, and could simply jump out of the building, better than Shaq.

Dwight could of went to any NBA team, if he truly wanted to, but he, Dwight Howard chose to stay.

Dwight chose to stay with the Orlando Magic, because he wants the Magic to win championships.

Dwight gave us that reassurance by signing a long term deal, when at the same time Stars like Wade and Lebron were signing shorter deals.

Dwight has taken the "Tim Duncan" approach so far, and right now the Spurs are loving life. So I believe, the Orlando Magic will also start to love life.

Dwight has already passed Shaq on a couple of rebounding records. Last year Dwight posted a 14.2 rebounding year, Shaq's best was 13.9 (in his whole career). And Dwight is only 22.

Dwight has taken us to the playoffs twice, and each time we get to the next level.

Dwight has also brought back the shine, that the franchise had during the Shaq yrs.

Dwight has made our small 1989 expansion team, which seemed most people forgot after Shaq left, become news again in the NBA.

Dwights career vs Shaq's career, the answer is easy. Shaq has the hardware to prove it. But he didnt have that hardware while with the Magic.

So when it comes to Dwight vs Shaq on "Greatest Magic" player off all time, then Shaq takes a seat in the back of the "Magic" bus.

Because last time Shaq was driving, he went to L.A.

Dwight is here, he has much to prove, but he wins over Shaq in a land slide.

And dont be surprised if Dwight out does Shaq, when its all said and done.

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

My Reply to him:

Greatest "Magic Player" of all time. Thats what we are talking about, not the greatest "Laker", or the greatest "Heat", or the greatest "Sun" of all time.

You know if you think about thats 4 championships we "COULD'VE" had, if Shaq had stayed. But he left, and before someone jumps in and starts bringing up Coach Brian Hill, Shaq did not have a gun to his head, he could' have stayed.

And so as Shaq left the "Magic" he took with him 4 possible championships.

When Shaq left, our team went straight down hill (no pun intended).

Our Team the "Orlando Magic" seemed like a team destined for failure.

Then as another horrible non promising season goes down in flames, we get another take at number 1 in the draft.

As if the stars were align, there just happened to be a young "shaq-like" center just stepping out of High School.(Omeka was never going to be like Shaq)

(Just so happens, that a year before I read about him in the ESPN Mag)

And I guess its pretty safe to assume, that our front office seen something in him that blew their mind.

Because with that number one pick, we drafted Dwight Howard. And as always when it comes to the Orlando Magic, alot of people were not pleased (including T Mac).

So we set on another T-mac-less season with questions, left with 2 draft picks Howard and Nelson.

What we learned from that 36 win 46 loss season, which is better than the last T-Mac season, is Dwight is simply a "BEAST".

His first point was a dunk against Memphis. Dunk after dunk he finished his "first" game with 18pts, 9 rebs at the age of 18.

Its ridiculous to have an 18 yr old Center, who is 6'11, to almost have a double-double in his first game.

The last thing we learned during that season. Dwight has better gift's than Shaq, hands down.

Dwight was faster, quicker, pound for pound stronger, and could simply jump out of the building, better than Shaq.

Dwight could of went to any NBA team, if he truly wanted to, but he, Dwight Howard chose to stay.

Dwight chose to stay with the Orlando Magic, because he wants the Magic to win championships.

Dwight gave us that reassurance by signing a long term deal, when at the same time Stars like Wade and Lebron were signing shorter deals.

Dwight has taken the "Tim Duncan" approach so far, and right now the Spurs are loving life. So I believe, the Orlando Magic will also start to love life.

Dwight has already passed Shaq on a couple of rebounding records. Last year Dwight posted a 14.2 rebounding year, Shaq's best was 13.9 (in his whole career). And Dwight is only 22.

Dwight has taken us to the playoffs twice, and each time we get to the next level.

Dwight has also brought back the shine, that the franchise had during the Shaq yrs.

Dwight has made our small 1989 expansion team, which seemed most people forgot after Shaq left, become news again in the NBA.

Dwights career vs Shaq's career, the answer is easy. Shaq has the hardware to prove it. But he didnt have that hardware while with the Magic.

So when it comes to Dwight vs Shaq on "Greatest Magic" player off all time, then Shaq takes a seat in the back of the "Magic" bus.

Because last time Shaq was driving, he went to L.A.

Dwight is here, he has much to prove, but he wins over Shaq in a land slide.

And dont be surprised if Dwight out does Shaq, when its all said and done.

Quality, would have been the nuts if you slammed Bianchi personally, but it still gets the seal of approval

ghostface-killah.jpg