Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Game Thread: SEASON OPENER - Hawks at Magic

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

i had no lagging problems on league pass...must be a local problem. redick was no worse than anyone else bj, get over your obsession. atl came to play, we didnt. plain and simple. i said this before but too many fouls called. regardless, we were outplayed from the opening tip we deserved to lose this game.

he kinda was going 0-4. 0% with one reb and 1 TO was statisticly the worst on the team.

Lik I said earlier, as pathetic as J.J.'s offense was, Bogans and his vaunted defense was just as pathetic.

Nelson, Turk, and every single Magic player that came off that bench to a man were just plain bad. End of story.

Anyone not named Mickael Pietrus and Dwight Howard was awful. Dwight wasn't great offensively, but he had a good defensive night though. I believe Hedo is going to be a huge disapointment this year but I don't except this kinda of bad play from our team, we should be better than this.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Anyone not named Mickael Pietrus and Dwight Howard was awful. Dwight wasn't great offensively, but he had a good defensive night though. I believe Hedo is going to be a huge disapointment this year but I don't except this kinda of bad play from our team, we should be better than this.

Rashard needs to be included, he played quite well. If it wasn't for ridiculous flopping fouls he would have been able to finish the game.

Just got back from the game. JJ was sub of the game. Is this a joke? If the fans are voting he will be sub of the game even if he only plays 5 min I bet. He did nothing out there on either ends of the floor.

The sound system in the arena is just as bad as last year. Every time those announcers came on, I wanted to plug my ears. The dinosaur sound clip they played sounded awful..mostly when the cheerleaders were saying the sounds.

The first team players/coach were introducted twice; I was wondering if they were going to introduce them again at halftime. ha. I miss the drum/band they used to have in years past. Just having the starters stand at mid court was lame. I just saw them from the side/behind and it didnt get me hyped for the game at all.

The game itself is too terrible to comment on.

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

Just got back from the game. JJ was sub of the game. Is this a joke? If the fans are voting he will be sub of the game even if he only plays 5 min I bet. He did nothing out there on either ends of the floor.

The sound system in the arena is just as bad as last year. Every time those announcers came on, I wanted to plug my ears. The dinosaur sound clip they played sounded awful..mostly when the cheerleaders were saying the sounds.

The first team players/coach were introducted twice; I was wondering if they were going to introduce them again at halftime. ha. I miss the drum/band they used to have in years past. Just having the starters stand at mid court was lame. I just saw them from the side/behind and it didnt get me hyped for the game at all.

The game itself is too terrible to comment on.

I agree with everything you said

Terrible performance, my god, did we forget what defense is?

Battie is back, put Hedo on bench, we have nothing down their, I wanan see Lewis at the 3, and I wanna see Lee, and my god Bogans, what the hell was the logic behind that, he was getting murdered out their, and JJ very dissapointing.

Altogether terrible performance, no chemistry, we had absoloutly nothing out their, I hope to see a better performance, to bad we dont start out on the road, becuase the homes seems to be back.

Eh season opener, one game not a big deal. I learned something and it is that it takes a while for a team to gel. I am so freakin' giddy with Pietrus' performance and Rashard's as well. I felt that Jameer can run the court with the best of 'em and if his jumper was falling like his 40% self should be, he would've taken over parts of this game. Dwight played well and Hedo is looking for his role. Basically we played into the Hawks strength by making a running contest and as soon as everyone finds their role, this starting five looks about as good as any in the East and I was happy to see Reddick and Gortat getting in there.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

no chemistry

Zero continuity offensively. Too much individual play and very little team work. Shots weren't falling and everybody pressed. Given Atl credit, the forced us out of our basic stuff, and we refused to make the extra passes.

We can see we still lose to teams we should beat

We can see Gortat isnt the monster everyone was saying he was going to be

We can see Reddick still isnt any better then Bogans

We can see Jameer and AJ are not going to happily share time and each get 5 assists a game

I understand that it is just one game but im just saying I hope some of you can see things are not going to run as smoothly as DREAMED!

Im not being all negative im just saying. I think the biggest problem was just that we dont have the chemistry yet

If Pietrus was brought in to slow down the 2-guards that always torched us, why was Bogans guarding Johnson and Pietrus on Evans in the fourth quarter. Johnson was killing us and we still get Bogans.