Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Trade Front ... Memphis Situation?

Revty, sorry I wasn't very clear. I meant because Williams is untouchable that we could have a shot at Willie Green and potentially Evans as part of the package. Of course the other problem is dealing a 3 point stud to a potential playoff contender which is missing one thing...a 3 point stud. (Oh, make that 2 things: a center who doesn't get owned by Dwight like Sam Dalembert).

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Also illegal.

NOt really.

A portion of the TE (1.5 mil) could be used to trade for Crit straight up, while Bogans & Cook could be packaged together for Darko.

I'm not saying that Memphis would be interested in dealing with those key principles involved...just saying it's perfectly acceptable according to the parameters set forth by the league rules.

You're right. I was doing the salary matching based off memory, and I remembered Bogans and Cook making less than they actually do. My bad.

Darko will never wear another Magic jersey as long as Otis is the GM (unless maybe he's wearing it to wash his car on the weekend), and for me personally that's just fine...Darko's agent is a jerk and Darko showed his true colors, not to mention Darko has yet to harness his Darkoness...Critt is fine with me, but i just dont see how we're going to sweeten it up for Memphis unless we take back some horrible contract a la Walker or something...which Otis wont do...

good luck with that...Warrick is heavily coveted by the Grizz...it doesn't always appear that way by the odd playing time he gets...but with his youth, ability and contract he's very much a Grizzly...I agree however, I love Warrick and have since Syracuse (the block!)...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

I would say that Memphis, Philly, Miami, Chicago and Cleveland are top contenders for a 3pt shooter...

Chicago wouldn't even be on that list, but they decided to trade JR Smith to Denver for Howard Eisley and a 2nd round pick. There were talk around that time, when Smith was in Byron Scott doghouse, that we were one of the first call the Hornets made, when they were looking to trade Smith.

Just think how Smith would've fit in Stan system, he would've put up career number in this offense, and we would've been a very dangerous team, and plus him and Dwight are good friend.

well if Kirk and Nocioni could get their shots back, they would come down or maybe eve off the list for the most part. Kirk used to be a danger from beyond the arc...I watched a bulls game the other night, and I swear to god that Tyrus Thomas was the best shooter for the Bulls in the game, I was shocked...

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

I would say that Memphis, Philly, Miami, Chicago and Cleveland are top contenders for a 3pt shooter...

Chicago wouldn't even be on that list, but they decided to trade JR Smith to Denver for Howard Eisley and a 2nd round pick. There were talk around that time, when Smith was in Byron Scott doghouse, that we were one of the first call the Hornets made, when they were looking to trade Smith.

Just think how Smith would've fit in Stan system, he would've put up career number in this offense, and we would've been a very dangerous team, and plus him and Dwight are good friend.

Isn't the 4 current shooting guards on the roster enough? Meanwhile, Smith has alienated every coach he has ever played for. I don't think he would have endeared himself to Stan either.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

Looking at things done several years ago cannot be looked at in a vaccuum.

If the Magic had picked up J. R. Smith then:

1) Probably no reason to sign Rashard; then, who knows, maybe we still have Ariza and Darko, and Turk is still lost, and Nelson grows fatter just so he has more skin to put tats on so that he can keep up with J. R.

2) Brian Hill would have killed him; so J. R. getting along with Stan is a moot point; even worse, the Magic might have been marginally better, resulting in Brian Hill still being our head coach.

My point is that there is no reason to believe that if we had made that move that fitting into Stan's system would be an issue, because the rest of the dominoes would have fallen, likely resulting in Stan NOT being our head coach.

quote:

Darko will never wear another Magic jersey as long as Otis is the GM (unless maybe he's wearing it to wash his car on the weekend), and for me personally that's just fine...Darko's agent is a jerk and Darko showed his true colors, not to mention Darko has yet to harness his Darkoness...Critt is fine with me, but i just dont see how we're going to sweeten it up for Memphis unless we take back some horrible contract a la Walker or something...which Otis wont do...

I would rather have Darko back then to get whoever anyone else thinks the Grizzlies might be willing to trade to the magic. Yes Darko's agent is a jerk and that is the reason Darko isn't playing for the Magic today.

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

Yes Darko's agent is a jerk and that is the reason Darko isn't playing for the Magic today.

Robert, I'll have to disagree to a point on this.

The reason Darko isn't here is because Otis gambled with his salary cap money by signing Rashard, with the belief that the Sonics would want to do a significant sign-and-trade that would still allow monies for the re-signing of Darko. The Sonics wouldn't play the game with Otis, so he did not have the monies available to make Darko the kind of offer that he had hinted that the might.

I totally agree that Darko's agent is a jerk, and his whining and crying was childish, at best.

But the reason Darko is not here is because Otis gambled and lost (in the sense of salary cap numbers).

I'm not saying Otis made a mistake. I'm only saying that is what happened (IMO).