Sign in to follow this  
FloridianaJones

ESPN NBA All-Breakout Team... (Hollinger) NOT EVEN ONE MAGIC PLAYER MENTIONED!!

I felt a bit disrespected...

I thought considering the company on this list, one or more magic starters were fixed to be included. Especially given the fact that Hedo was nearly an All-Star last year and Rashard is in his second year.

2008-2009 All-Breakout Team

Here was my response in the comments...

quote:
no mention of any magic players.... im sorry this list is WEAK. Rashard is finally settling in during his second year. Hedo just won MIP and is in a contract season. Dwight Howard will lead the league in blocks and reb this year. mark my words! (not to mention his developing jump shot) Pietrus is a athletic talent who now has a starting role at the 2 (possible all-defensive 1st or 2nd team). Jameer Nelson finally has full reign of the PG position. All 5 of these starters are fit for a bigger year...

I felt a bit disrespected...

I thought considering the company on this list, one or more magic starters were fixed to be included. Especially given the fact that Hedo was nearly an All-Star last year and Rashard is in his second year.

2008-2009 All-Breakout Team

Here was my response in the comments...

quote:
no mention of any magic players.... im sorry this list is WEAK. Rashard is finally settling in during his second year. Hedo just won MIP and is in a contract season. Dwight Howard will lead the league in blocks and reb this year. mark my words! (not to mention his developing jump shot) Pietrus is a athletic talent who now has a starting role at the 2 (possible all-defensive 1st or 2nd team). Jameer Nelson finally has full reign of the PG position. All 5 of these starters are fit for a bigger year...

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

I think Rashard Lewis, should've been in the bounce back year catorgory, with Zach Randolph, and Boris Diaw.

What does Rashard need to bounce back from?

quote:

I think Rashard Lewis, should've been in the bounce back year catorgory, with Zach Randolph and Boris Diaw.

true... is boris diaw really what he thinks of as a veteran. maybe im wrong. I think Maggette would have been better for that list.

I really think (or maybe just hope really bad considering how much we pay) that Shard will be a legit all-star candidate this year.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

I think Rashard Lewis, should've been in the bounce back year catorgory, with Zach Randolph, and Boris Diaw.

Going to one all-star game and not being back since...

Does Joe Johnson need to bounce back either?

I really just posted this in hopes that magic fans will log onto the comments of this article and let hollinger know how full of **** he is.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:

quote:

I really just posted this in hopes that magic fans will log onto the comments of this article and let hollinger know how full of **** he is.

All star appearances should never quantify success when guys who are hurt like Shaq, VC, T-Mac, etc. get in year after year.

I did not catch the Joe Johnson part but his slippage was in his own game. Rashard's lowered stats and perception of a bad season was from his role on a team that dramatically improved from one year to the next. He also helped free things up for Dwight and had a huge impact on Turk. So his success is measured more than in stats to me at least.

I have never commented on any ESPN article but I take everything Hollinger does with a grain of salt because it is his model therefore his opinion. He thinks for some reason every Magic player will regress except Cook which is laughable so I agree with you in that sense.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

All star appearances should never quantify success when guys who are hurt like Shaq, VC, T-Mac, etc. get in year after year.

I did not catch the Joe Johnson part but his slippage was in his own game. Rashard's lowered stats and perception of a bad season was from his role on a team that dramatically improved from one year to the next. He also helped free things up for Dwight and had a huge impact on Turk. So his success is measured more than in stats to me at least.

I have never commented on any ESPN article but I take everything Hollinger does with a grain of salt because it is his model therefore his opinion. He thinks for some reason every Magic player will regress except Cook which is laughable so I agree with you in that sense.

I want to see Rashard create points better(like he did in Game 3 vs Det). If you watched him at Seattle, even with Allen healthy, he was a lot better at doing that. and then better man to man D at the PF position.

I think with those things he can go from a player way overlooked last year in All-star voting, to being selected.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I want to see Rashard create points better(like he did in Game 3 vs Det). If you watched him at Seattle, even with Allen healthy, he was a lot better at doing that. and then better man to man D at the PF position.

I think with those things he can go from a player way overlooked last year in All-star voting, to being selected.

I will be 100% honest and say that I did not see a ton of Rashard in Seattle aside from highlights. I agree seeing him more aggresive on offense will be a welcome addition and it seems like from what we are reading in the preseason he is doing that. The D really picked up towards last year and I thought he did pretty well against Bosh in the first round when he was guarding him. I think alot of people are sleeping on the Magic and I kind of like that.

I honestly cannot understand how Stoudemire or Williams are going to "break out".

I'm pretty sure STAT's reached his peak, and Deron won't get much better, at least statistically.

quote:
The D really picked up towards last year and I thought he did pretty well against Bosh in the first round when he was guarding him.

Agreed. I dont remember him getting much credit for his D on Bosh but he had some good outings. Thats a better match-up for him regarding size. I was hoping to see him put on some LBS this summer to match up better with Maxiel, Wallace and now Brand.

Only the guys in group 3 and Ronnie Brewer in group 4 fit what I think of when I think of possible breakout guys. Under the radar types.