Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

LOL! Now Denton wants to play GM...RE: Turk(link)

id say clear for the cap space and work on landing chris bosh! Perfect complement to dwight howard and i believe c. lee is going to make a great point gaurd. so im going out on a limb and saying that we are fine in that spot. we can clear cap space with some of our bigs and SG's....id love to land bosh to be honest.

This is interesting, this was in the LA Daily News. I don't have the link because it came off of Hoopshype.com.

Just a little housekeeping matter to report here. Lamar Odom's contract is frequently reported to be for $14.1 million this season. Apparently that's incorrect. $14.1 million is his salary cap number. In other words, how much his salary counts against the Lakers salary cap. His actual salary --how much he's being paid by the Lakers this year -- is $11.4 million, according to a team spokesman.

That is pretty close to the 10 mill people are kicking around for Hedo.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

His actual salary --how much he's being paid by the Lakers this year -- is $11.4 million, according to a team spokesman.

That is pretty close to the 10 mill people are kicking around for Hedo.

Still wouldn't make a Hedo for Odom deal straight up possible. It would however, allow us to move a smaller salary in conjunction with Hedo's to make a deal happen (but according to the 6 resources I rely upon for salary info, Odom is owed 14.1 million this year).

As for those people that are saying Odom will get paid more than Hedo in free agency...I disagree. Now obviously that would hinge upon their output this upcoming season. But IMO, Hedo is a much more valuable player that is still showing upside. As his playing time and games played has increased so too has his production (consistently). Odom on the other hand enjoyed his best season with the Heat under SVG's tutilage. That was 5 seasons ago.

Odom is coming off of a max contract, and I don't think he has proven himslef to a max contract type of guy. In fact, one of the knocks on him is that he is overpaid considering his durability. The exact opposite is true for Hedo. He has never once in his career missed more than 15 games in a season. Meanwhile, Hedo is wildly underpaid currently and the masses seem to feel he is deserving of a significant pay increase.

The arguement that Hedo is younger is also a funny one, considering he is 8 months younger.

Also, anybody else see the Odom at point guard rumors?

http://hoopeduponline.com/tag/lamar-odom/

i dont know if you were speaking in regards to me, but i dont think turk vs odom's age matters....what i was saying is that we should be able to get a young pf for him, neither turk or odom are young.

as far as the salary thing, IF odom was traded here, he would more likely than not get excellent numbers just in time for a new contract, that was what i was getting at, i agree that turk is better than odom.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I think Utah & Houston would be the natural trade partners if Otis looked to move Hedo during the season.

I understand Utah, but who would we get from Houston?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I think Hedo would have Phil thinking Scotty all over again.

I think Hedo in Los Angeles makes them the immediate Championship favorite. But Odom in Orlando might make us the Eastern Conference Champ waiting for them.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

I think Utah & Houston would be the natural trade partners if Otis looked to move Hedo during the season.

I understand Utah, but who would we get from Houston?

Battier & Landry/Dorsey.

I'm not advocating that, simply predicting. I just don't see us making a trade for another URA who is already making more than we don't want to pay Hedo. I like the idea of Boozer/Odom, don't see it happening. Can't see a lateral trade for a legit 4 anywhere else.

Battier has a manageable deal with 2 more years on it. He's kinda redundant in Hou with Artest & Hedo has history with Adelman. If Hedo is indeed shopped, I'm betting Hou emerges as a strong candidate.

quote:

Battier & Landry/Dorsey.

I'm not advocating that, simply predicting. I just don't see us making a trade for another URA who is already making more than we don't want to pay Hedo. I like the idea of Boozer/Odom, don't see it happening. Can't see a lateral trade for a legit 4 anywhere else.

Battier has a manageable deal with 2 more years on it. He's kinda redundant in Hou with Artest & Hedo has history with Adelman. If Hedo is indeed shopped, I'm betting Hou emerges as a strong candidate.

What would we do with Battier? Keep Shard at the four and beef up our backup PF spot with Landry or Dorsey?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Wow. Dent is going out on a limb. Good for him. I love Odom's game, and he is a bad fit in the triangle offense of LA. Would I do it? Tempting, especially because it would clear a lot of cap space for next summer. Would we be better NOW with Odom at the 4 and Lew at the 3? Hmmm.... I actually believe so b/c it would balance us out. (Remember: Odom can facilitate like a madman, too). 15/9/4.5 are nasty numbers and would only improve next to Dwight.

Denton never goes out out on a limb. He has has the best insider connection to Otis for the last year. I can only specualte this is a floater to test the magic fan waters or a mesage to Turk in negotiations.