Sign in to follow this  
mongoose

Adonal Foyle is a solid Center

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Foyle was and has always been a decent Center, a decent big body and good defender. Good enough to hold down the position, and was good enough to start early in his career.

He is now older, slower, and not as effective. He is great for the team, as a locker room presence, and a leader for the young ones, but that's about it. I don't think he will get a lot of playing time.

I hope Gortat gets the chance to shine(as much as you can shine behind Dwight) and becomes our backup full time.

Foyle's career is pretty much over, except for a practice guy and/or maybe coaching. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy as a person, but I wouldn't count on him being a go to guy or even a piece to trust on this season.

I have to agree with Dav.

Gortat is our up and coming back-up and Foyle will be third string but a good one.

quote:
He's got quick feet

lmao...are you serious. one of the reasons gortat got the time over him in the playoffs was because he could not keep up and guard toronto's big men like bosh. I think he's got the slowest lateral movement in the league.

...however, every now and then if someone on the other team is doing good, foyle would be a good player just to go in and get a couple hard fouls on him. then that player will be more hesitant on going to the basket.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

I feel the Magic are legitimate contenders with Adonal Foyle at the backup position. He's got quick feet, solid defensive skills, and plays with passion. I like the Adonal Foyle.

You forgot to mention his shooting skills, better than JJ.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

Gortat is a solid back up center like brian hill is a solid assistant coach. Check into the betty ford fast I think youre recent acid trip has you seeing things.

I always thought Hill was a solid assistant coach, and that he lacked the ability to adapt and inspire those around him, which is why he failed as a head coach.

New Jersey certainly took him back fast enough once he was fired from Orlando yet again.

I would like to know how Hill has managed to find a job in the NBA for the past 2 decades if he sucks that bad.

Adonal Foyle does not belong in the NBA, Adonal Foyle could not even compete in the WNBA. Horrible move dropping Augustine to bring back Foyle so now he can rot on our bench while someone who can move up and down the court and play basketball in Gortat instead of having someone taking up space.

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

Adonal Foyle does not belong in the NBA, Adonal Foyle could not even compete in the WNBA. Horrible move dropping Augustine to bring back Foyle so now he can rot on our bench while someone who can move up and down the court and play basketball in Gortat instead of having someone taking up space.

I would like to know what Augustine has ever done to prove that he can be a productive player in this league. The man seriously struggled in summer league and was completely lost the few times he saw minutes on the court during the season. Foyle may not be your idea of a perfect backup center but at least he contributed.

Mark my words.....if Redick has a breakout season, this forum will be "No Mans Zone", a "Holocaust", "The Battle at Normandy", "Sparta vs. Persia", "Palin vs. Clinton" ETC.

Never confirm a starting lineup before training camp. They must fight for these positions first of all.

-------------------------------------------------No Adonal Foyle is not a great center. He began to fall apart at the closing point of the season.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Foyle was and has always been a decent Center, a decent big body and good defender. Good enough to hold down the position, and was good enough to start early in his career.

He is now older, slower, and not as effective. He is great for the team, as a locker room presence, and a leader for the young ones, but that's about it. I don't think he will get a lot of playing time.

I hope Gortat gets the chance to shine(as much as you can shine behind Dwight) and becomes our backup full time.

Foyle's career is pretty much over, except for a practice guy and/or maybe coaching. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy as a person, but I wouldn't count on him being a go to guy or even a piece to trust on this season.

I agree with you, give chance Gortat. I feel he has potential, he's quick, can bring rebound block, nice defence and we remember he has still 24 years old. I will play him over Foyle

Check it..

Not even in Puerto Rico is a solid center, Gortat deserves the minutes that SVG is giving to Foyle. He doesn't have mobility, shooting, he is a turtle.

Let Gortat play!!!