Sign in to follow this  
RU4 The Magic

Patrick Ewing Jr. to Knicks for nothing. BUMMER!

NEW YORK -- Talk about pressure. Patrick Ewing Jr. is following in the footsteps of his famous father again.

The New York Knicks acquired the younger Ewing from the Houston Rockets on Friday in exchange for the draft rights to center Frederic Weis, one of the most widely panned picks in franchise history.

"Coming to the Knicks, and hopefully being able to contribute, means a lot to me," Ewing Jr. said in a statement. "It has always been my dream to play for this team. My goal is to show the coaches that I can play and do all that I can to help the team win some games."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3559816

"New York drafted Weis with the 15th overall pick in 1999, passing on Artest, Andrei Kirilenko and James Posey, among others. The 7-foot-2 center never joined the Knicks and is most known for being on the wrong end of an incredible Vince Carter dunk in the 2000 Olympics.

Weis, from France, won a silver medal in Sydney and is currently playing for a Spanish club."

This sucks. It would have been worth trading Franny if they'd bite. I can't see why the Magic wouldn't have taken a chance on the kid. Especially when Dad is here already. What do you folks think?

NEW YORK -- Talk about pressure. Patrick Ewing Jr. is following in the footsteps of his famous father again.

The New York Knicks acquired the younger Ewing from the Houston Rockets on Friday in exchange for the draft rights to center Frederic Weis, one of the most widely panned picks in franchise history.

"Coming to the Knicks, and hopefully being able to contribute, means a lot to me," Ewing Jr. said in a statement. "It has always been my dream to play for this team. My goal is to show the coaches that I can play and do all that I can to help the team win some games."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3559816

"New York drafted Weis with the 15th overall pick in 1999, passing on Artest, Andrei Kirilenko and James Posey, among others. The 7-foot-2 center never joined the Knicks and is most known for being on the wrong end of an incredible Vince Carter dunk in the 2000 Olympics.

Weis, from France, won a silver medal in Sydney and is currently playing for a Spanish club."

This sucks. It would have been worth trading Franny if they'd bite. I can't see why the Magic wouldn't have taken a chance on the kid. Especially when Dad is here already. What do you folks think?

Well we dont know if dad wanted him here, it would be a tough situation but it could have worked.

He didnt look good at summer league from what I heard but I would have taken a chance on him.

We don't seem to really have a need for him. Especially, since he's not particularly good at any one aspect of basketball. He's athletic, looks like Patrick, and has already been a part of 3 NBA teams.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

We don't seem to really have a need for him. Especially, since he's not particularly good at any one aspect of basketball. He's athletic, looks like Patrick, and has already been a part of 3 NBA teams.

If his name was Mickey Johnson and his dad worked at the Home Depot, this would have been hidden on the transaction chart of the sports page.

Wait a second, if his name was Mickey Johnson the Knicks would not have signed him.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

You may be right. But then again, the entire league could be kicking themselves if he turns out to be even a solid role player. I still hold that he is definitely better than Franny. AT LEAST HE'S WILLING TO SHOW UP.

Maybe, only time will tell. If he played PG or PF, then I'd probably be more open to it. I just don't see where the minutes are going to come from if we did acquire him.

Sadly, I think Fran slightly has more value than Weis at this point. Because I actually think he wants to come over now...we're just not willing to pay his buyout. At least that's where I think we're at now. Franny! 09-10!!!