Sign in to follow this  
Erik

Dwight need's help!

D12 has played summer B-ball the past two years, not to mention he's played 82 games, and playoffs.

Last season his backups were Foyle, Gortat, and Augustine Battie was hurt.

This season we got Battie,Foyle,and Gortat.

None of these guy's could score, there D is min., besides gortat there old,and min. playoff exp.

Imo' the Magic have done a horrble job at getting D12 some help, he's gonna have to carry this team on his back both D-fnse and O-fnse, it's alot for a 22 year old stud to handle, we've had pleanty of oppurtunities to get help, last years exp., this year exp., plus Turk's avlue is sky high, but nadda.

I know you Magic brown nozers are gonna say we got a championship team, but were still one good big away, god forbid D12 get's hurt, were screwd.

D12 has played summer B-ball the past two years, not to mention he's played 82 games, and playoffs.

None of these guy's could score, there D is min., besides gortat there old,and min. playoff exp.

Imo' the Magic have done a horrble job at getting D12 some help, he's gonna have to carry this team on his back both D-fnse and O-fnse, it's alot for a 22 year old stud to handle, we've had pleanty of oppurtunities to get help, last years exp., this year exp., plus Turk's avlue is sky high, but nadda.

I know you Magic brown nozers are gonna say we got a championship team, but were still one good big away, god forbid D12 get's hurt, were screwd.

the FO has been ducking this PF/big man issue like the plague. I'd like to think they don't feel like Tony Battie completely fills that void...but then again, Otis brought in Brian Cook when he needed a big. Who knows what he's thinking.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

You make a very good point that I tend to agree with and then you have to insult everyone like a 2 year old?

Anyway, I'm worried about the wear and tear on Dwight. I still feel Penny was lost to too many games in a short amount of time.

If any teams star player gets hurt, they're screwed. Its not just us.

Bottom line is we have 5 bigs under contract. I think we need another SF or a Point than another big. We'd all like Garnett here or whoever, but bottom line is that were at the salary cap threshold, and that means we cant do anything money wise.

And I dont want to hear that the Magic need to exceed the luxury cap. A successful business isnt one that just recklessly goes out and spends money for the sake of. Didnt work out for the Knicks and it wont for us.

If theres a deal at the deadline, we may do something then when we know if Hedo will stay or go, but to go out and sign some scrub or blow our budget to get someone that has no clue what this team is doing is ludicrous.

I think this deal would help D12 out, you get a PF-C, who can knock down the outside shot, and you could move Shard to SF.

You also get a SF with some size, who can score at the rim or outside.

You get rid of Fran once and for all, and he could be reunited with his fellow Spainiards Fernandez,and Rodriguez.

Incoming Players

Channing Frye

6-11 C from Arizona

No games yet played in 2007/08

Martell Webster

6-7 SG from Seattle Prep (HS)

Outgoing Players

Fran Vazquez

0-0 from

Hedo Turkoglu

6-8 SF / SG from Turkey (Foreign)

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

I think this deal would help D12 out, you get a PF-C, who can knock down the outside shot, and you could move Shard to SF.

You also get a SF with some size, who can score at the rim or outside.

You get rid of Fran once and for all, and he could be reunited with his fellow Spainiards Fernandez,and Rodriguez.

Incoming Players

Channing Frye

6-11 C from Arizona

Martell Webster

6-7 SG from Seattle Prep (HS)

Outgoing Players

Fran Vazquez

0-0 from

Hedo Turkoglu

Starters

---------------------

Nelson

Pietrus

Lewis

Frye

Howard

Bench

---------------

Johnson

Redick

Bogans

Webster

Cook

Battie

Gortat

Bench Warmers

--------------------

Foyle

Lee

?

I'm all for this deal right here, it gives D12 lot's of help, gives us a backup SF, and a combo Guard, Nice!

Players

Quincy Douby

6-3 SG from Rutgers

4.8 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.7 apg in 11.8 minutes

Francisco Garcia

6-7 SG / SF from Louisville

12.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.6 apg in 26.5 minutes

Brad Miller

7-0 C from Purdue

13.4 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 3.7 apg in 34.9 minutes

Outgoing Players

Keith Bogans

6-4 SG from Kentucky

8.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.3 apg in 26.8 minutes

Brian Cook

6-9 PF from Illinois

2.3 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 11.7 minutes

Hedo Turkoglu

19.5 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.0 apg in

I know this may get old, especialy cause i'm smarter than our gm, but this deal might work also.

Sac, is definatly a good trade partner for us, they got Pg's and bigs which we need.

Quincy Douby

6-3 SG from Rutgers

4.8 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.7 apg in 11.8 minutes

Francisco Garcia

6-7 SG / SF from Louisville

12.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.6 apg in 26.5 minutes

Shelden Williams

6-9 PF from Duke

5.2 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 12.9 minutes

Outgoing Players

Fran Vazquez

0-0 from