Carlos Arroyo sign a contract to play in Israel

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz:

quote:
Originally posted by Arroyo fan:

quote:
Originally posted by corporalrod:

The 2.5 is also tax free.

Wrong! Actually was a very good deal! Is close to 5millions.

Arroyo signs for Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Yeah it's the equivalant of a 5m contract in the NBA, which is a very very good deal for him. Can see why he's going to Israel for a year for that money.

AND plus the 5M are TAX FREE and he still can opt out and return to the NBAThis is a sweet deal for Arroyo,he will be making more money and Starting,Im happy for him ,he did a decent jon for the magic.

quote:
Originally posted by fgr98:

quote:
Originally posted by ufballer86:

the official last carlos arroyo thread...

lol, sorry to disappoint you this is not the last thread of Carlos Arroyo here. Too many of us here in Orlando and we will keep you inform, I'm pretty sure.

well, if this happens. please post in the around the NBA section coz he will be part of the global game.

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Here is a good report from Jerusalem post:

[b Mac TA signs guard Carlos Arroyo from Orlando By ALLON SINAI [/b]

quote:
Maccabi Tel Aviv's search for a playmaker ended on Sunday night with the impressive signing of Puerto Rican Carlos Arroyo.

The 29-year-old will be leaving the NBA after seven relatively successful seasons. Arroyo, who played collegiate basketball at Florida International, averaged 7.0 points, 3.3 assists and 1.7 rebounds in 433 NBA games at five different franchises.

"I'm very happy we've completed this signing," Maccabi coach Effi Birenboim told the club's official Web site. "Arroyo is a player of the highest standard and has been our top priority for a while.

"Luckily for me, Maccabi's management agreed to sign him despite the huge costs. This is exactly the player we need. He's a great basketball player as well as being a great leader."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=121533118268...JPArticle%2FShowFull

Yes, it will be Euros and he has the player option to quit and return to tne NBA if an offer is attractive enough. Please note he will be the best payed player an done of the first offensive options on a team that was the runner up to the Euroleague tournament. I hope he getes his head together and takes advantage of this opportunity to show his potential in a strong league.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Here is a good report from Jerusalem post:

[b Mac TA signs guard Carlos Arroyo from Orlando By ALLON SINAI [/b]

quote:
Maccabi Tel Aviv's search for a playmaker ended on Sunday night with the impressive signing of Puerto Rican Carlos Arroyo.

The 29-year-old will be leaving the NBA after seven relatively successful seasons. Arroyo, who played collegiate basketball at Florida International, averaged 7.0 points, 3.3 assists and 1.7 rebounds in 433 NBA games at five different franchises.

"I'm very happy we've completed this signing," Maccabi coach Effi Birenboim told the club's official Web site. "Arroyo is a player of the highest standard and has been our top priority for a while.

"Luckily for me, Maccabi's management agreed to sign him despite the huge costs. This is exactly the player we need. He's a great basketball player as well as being a great leader."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=121533118268...JPArticle%2FShowFull

Yes, it will be Euros and he has the player option to quit and return to tne NBA if an offer is attractive enough. Please note he will be the best payed player an done of the first offensive options on a team that was the runner up to the Euroleague tournament. I hope he getes his head together and takes advantage of this opportunity to show his potential in a strong league.

I really think that is why he took this offer. I know there were teams in the NBA that offered him a contract, but maybe for less money and to be a back up. So he went to a team that pays him well and will be a starter with consistant minutes. He hasn't played consistant minutes since Utah. I think it's a really good move on his part. Plus the NBA is not the only top association. Well, we'll find out next week in the olypmics.

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

I'm shocked. I can't believe that there wasn't one team that needed Carlos. I've never been a big fan of him as a starter, but as a change of pace pg and back-up I thought he was great. My biggest complaint was we didn't need two tiny pg's. Anyways, I hope he does well in the euro league. Thanks for the memories.

Yeah, especially since there weren't a whole lot of pgs out there this summer.
You must realize no PG got the three year contract Carlos was looking for since the cap of most teams was limited. He had to make his schoice to sign for one year at a lower range to be able to have a chance to start or play back up or go for more money to start in a champion contender. What would you have done?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

We wish you well, Carlos !! A player truly made for the international game, and will hopefully be a star in the Euroleague.

He's more than paid his dues.

That's the best compliment you could have paid Carlos since it has suliminal message under the surface. Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

We wish you well, Carlos !! A player truly made for the international game, and will hopefully be a star in the Euroleague.

He's more than paid his dues.

That's the best compliment you could have paid Carlos since it has suliminal message under the surface. Thank you.

Although I had my moments of getting irritated with some of the extreme sides to the argument, I was one that felt that Carlos was actually a more logical fit as a starter last year than Jameer, simply because we already had enough scoring weapons on the floor. No, there is no reason to start that discussion all over again. I'm just stating that I respect his game, and expect him to have success in that environment.