Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

Lineup for next year...

The ideas expressed in this thread may be the best I have heard all season. I like both possibilities of Miller or Wallace and completely agree with Murph's assessment of Turk over Lewis.

Great posts Murphy, glad to have you around. The more smart basketball people we have on the board the better the experience for everyone. Especially if they are Magic fans as well.

Also, I think that wing combo of Wallace and Ariza would be money in the bank. As I think Emory pointed out in another thread, we would never be out-rebounded.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

If we did that could we still resign Darko?

This really wouldn't affect that one way or the other. It's just a straight trade that has minimal impact on the salary cap numbers.

The ability to sign both Darko and a quality FA is probably incumbant upon a sign-and-trade for the FA, which is probably true regardless of whether the other trade is done.

Otherwise, we are probably looking at a Garrity buy-out, or the moving/releasing of other players.

I am not an expert by any means on the Salary Cap, so others may choose to correct my analysis.

we might have to get keyon to opt out in order to secure enough room for darko and miller. although that wouldnt be ideal for our chemistry. i like what dooling brings to the table...although he would be expendable if we get andre miller in return.

I would hate to see this thread turn into another Rashard Lewis debate. I'm a bit intrigued of the possibility of JJ Redick playing point guard. He does seems to have the skills need to play point (high b-ball iq, he passes, he can shoot, good height for a PG, and his handles seem ok to me). If he could become a Kirk Hinrich type of player that would be perfect, especially if it pushed Jameer to the bench where I think he would be better suited.

Wallace and Ariza sound great!!!

BUT thinking again did you guys know that we still have a coach that the tempo of play that he likes would not be suited to this two players that i think should be running all the time.

as long as the magic control the tempo, i think they will succeed with either a fast-paced or slowdown offense. its up to the players to produce, at this level, the coach should just be there for moral support and to make subs.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

as long as the magic control the tempo, i think they will succeed with either a fast-paced or slowdown offense. its up to the players to produce, at this level, the coach should just be there for moral support and to make subs.

Uh, you just described Johnny Davis....

i know, lets have johnny davis come in and replace otis as gm, have bill walton as head coach, and bring in scott skiles as the community ambassador. throw in artest for a front office position and we would have the best brass around!