Sign in to follow this  
jmmagicfan

Nick Fazekas anyone

I thought the same thing when I saw that the Clippers had rescinded their offer. But, although I haven't seen him play since Nevada, I think he may just be a poor man's Brian Cook. It was that realization that ended it for me, because that's definitely not what we need. I still think a third point guard (Crittenton, Pargo, Quinn, or a vet like Armstrong, Cassell or Stoudamire), in that order, would round out a fairly successful summer. I also think Josh Powell would still be a better pick up too.

There are 2-3 dozen players that I would rather the Magic have signed instead of Foyle. Fazekas is one of them.

I still don't understand why the Magic committed to Foyle this early in the offseason. We're still 3 months away from the beginning of the season. Good thing we have our 13th man on the roster, and last guy off the bench locked up to a contract.

I wouln't mind getting DA back, he would be an excellant sign, not to mention a mentor for the players, and signing Powell would be nice.

I think the relationship between Adonal and the other players as well as the praise he got for pushing Dwight in practice is why Otis likes him on the team. I'm not really a fan of his either, but I'm hoping Gortat gets tick this year. Adonal isn't that bad of a third C. We need PG help now.

I do think they jumped the gun alittle on Foyle...He would have been available December or so...We could have spent more time looking around for something diffrent. I like him but just not that much...

How exactly did Adonal "those Twinkies look good" Foyle push Dwight in practice. Did he push him out of the chow line. He is a prototypical stiff. A crashtest dummy would have pushed Dwight harder. Give me a break. I agree with Smack on this one. (Did I just say that) OMG. There are easily at least 20 players available at Foyle's price who are better players.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

How exactly did Adonal "those Twinkies look good" Foyle push Dwight in practice. Did he push him out of the chow line. He is a prototypical stiff. A crashtest dummy would have pushed Dwight harder. Give me a break. I agree with Smack on this one. (Did I just say that) OMG. There are easily at least 20 players available at Foyle's price who are better players.

Oh...were you in practice to see what tips and tricks from his 11 years in the league he was giving Dwight. Were you in the locker room to see what a guy who's a solid citizen was whispering into Dwight's ear about how to be a pro? And I'd really love to see your list of 20 guys available at that price who are better. Should be entertaining.

All this uproar over the 3rd string center who's making the minimum is hilarious.

I'd be very much in favour of obtaining a player like Fazekas. He has more to give to this league. During his draft year I was impressed with what I saw.

quote:
Originally posted by nbr:

I'd be very much in favour of obtaining a player like Fazekas. He has more to give to this league. During his draft year I was impressed with what I saw.

I agree