Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

With the 15th pick the Detroit Pistions pick.....

With the 15th pick the Detroit Pistons pick......

This is not a Carlos Arroyo thread. This is not a Jameer Nelson thread. This is simply to discuss what the Pistons are getting with our pick and what kind of value we will get for Darko if we let him go. At least that is how I understood it.

Since the argument is pick vs. Darko here are the big men I would take over him in the draft...

1. Greg Oden

2. Kevin Durant

That is all.

I agree that with Darko we need to move fast to get value if he is going to walk. If we had 8 million on the table and walked away Darko's agent will probably start at 10 because of increased playing time and productivity. Jerome James and Dan Gadzuric make 6 year so to think we will get Darko for anything less than say 8-8.5 is a pipe dream in my opinion. I would agree that there would be many willing trading partners and I would not be surprised if talks were already started before the deadline.

Drain-O.In the begining of the tread that was the discuss and someody say to change Carlos I write that we can change another man but Carlos is not the one to change we need Carlos. That why we finish talking about Carlos

PR carlos will NEVER be a factor in orlandos rotation...so get over yourself.

o and btw Thorton from FSU is a BALLER!!! i go to FSU and seen him play ALOT!!! ive even played in a few pick-up games at the leech gym with him and some of the other players. bottom line...this guy can PLAY...he has range on his jumper rebounds like he is 7 feet tall. And he loves the game kids and has the mindset to make him self so much better. It really is nice sitting down and talkin with this kid over lunch about what his NBA oppurtunity. and it is cool knowing a future NBA allstar edit: removed some statements

MagicNoles.You said all Carlos fan go the hell away . the true is Carlos is more better PG that the other in the magic the problem is he dont ave the minute that we want. If you dont now what a write learn spanish PENDEJO RACISTA.

edit: watch your PM. language removed.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Question: If you're an NBA GM, and you have to choose between acquiring KG with the leagues biggest contract, Gasol who will make 14 million, or Darko who can probably make up to 10 million...who do you choose? Remember, the only way you get any of those players is through a trade. So KG will cost you most of your roster and salary cap. Gasol will cost you atleast one potential all-star as evidenced by what Jerry West was asking for at the deadline. Or, Darko will cost your organization far less in cap space and far less talent in exchange.

I think a number of us are undervaluing Darko in the open market. The Magic obviously need a scoring SG. That will be our first priority. We would love to retain Darko, but I doubt that Otis will sacrifice a chance at Vince, Wallace, Billups, etc to keep Darko.

I would love to see the Magic move Arroyo, Hedo, Garrity, Bogans (any of them combined) to free up enough space to take care of both concerns, but it may not be possible considering that we need to find other teams willing to help us free up that much cap space.

You are failing in the biggest part of this equation.

1st the Magic will announce they will match any offers, that will stop a lot of window shoppers right there.

2nd only 3 teams will have any type of cap room and CHICAGO is not one of them. No way we make a trade with them, especially since they are in our own division.

3rd You may think Toronto wants to offer up some players for Darkpo but they are going to be capped out. So will we listen??? Heck no.

4th Why would the Magic entertain a S&T with any team? Seriously we are thin up front and if Darko's market value is $10 million I see the magic matching that because they realize how hard it is to find any big men let alone one that is 21 years old and has skills.

5th I have not seen one arguement of yours that would hold water. Seriously give me one possible scenario that would MAKE SENSE FOR THE MAGIC? You start talking about a S&T with a guy like KG or Jermaine O'Neal or Gasol for Darko and you start to make some sense. But talking about guys from Chicago and Toronto that would just add to our mid level talent is rediculous.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I don't really see that lineup as being an improvement over the one we already have. You've improved some things while weakening others, and I have no doubt in my mind that Tyrus Thomas wouldn't play more than 15 a game.

Bulls' Thomas: From bust to busting out

By Sean Deveney - SportingNews

It wasn't the finest moment for Bulls rookie forward Tyrus Thomas, and not just because he shot a dreary 1-for-8 in a win over the Trail Blazers. What made it a bummer of a game was that Portland rookie center LaMarcus Aldridge -- the player the Bulls traded on draft night for Thomas and Viktor Khryapa -- showed a variety of low-post moves on his way to 20 points. Aldridge looked like the inside scorer the Bulls have been pining for, and the postgame grumbling on the Chicago talk-radio circuit centered on Thomas' shortcomings in relation to Aldridge's.

But Thomas is not the type to dwell on bad press. "I couldn't let what other people say affect me," he says. "I just had to go out and show how I can play."

He sure has. Thomas is one of the most athletic players in the league, and the poor showing against Portland prompted him to put that athleticism on display. Now, Thomas has Bulls fans buzzing every time he enters a game. After the Blazers game, Thomas had 13 points and 10 rebounds against the Pistons. Then he scored a career-high 27 against Cleveland, with his first four baskets coming on dunks.

"Everyone feeds off his energy," teammate Kirk Hinrich says. "If you want to get him a dunk, you just throw the ball up near the rim. He'll get it."

Thomas is only 20. Because of his inexperience, coach Scott Skiles was reluctant to put him on the floor early in the season. But Andres Nocioni's foot injury forced Thomas to play more, and he has earned enough of Skiles' trust to warrant fourth quarter playing time. Even with Nocioni returning just before the playoffs, Thomas' role is secure -- and draft night regrets are fading. "He's a guy we are going to count on," Skiles says.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjiGcyzaWESfGBOz3...s&prov=tsn&type=lgns

How about you stop riding thomas's jock and realize he is a THUG that the Magic would never trade for even if available.

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

You talking about 1 game. Why do you not talk about 4 or 5 game that Carlos play 8 and 9 minute it have almost 9 point in only 8 and 9 minute in that 5 game and when he got the game with 8 point behing and he left the game with 10 o more point with the magic wining

How about the 20 or more games in a row where Carlos checked the ball every time he had it in his hands and was shooting below 20%??? That was killing us and ended up getting him benched for a game.

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

Drain-O.In the begining of the tread that was the discuss and someody say to change Carlos I write that we can change another man but Carlos is not the one to change we need Carlos. That why we finish talking about Carlos

I started the thrad and it HAS NOTHING TO DO ABOUT CARLOS!!!

I don't know how in the world a thread that was based on who the Pistons will draft got turned into another Arroyo thread. I'm just glad I didn't have the discomfort of having to read it for myself. I'm lucky...