Sign in to follow this  
Manu Ginobili

Congratulations, Brian Hill!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Don't know if anyone caught this but-

"Magic Feel Sting Of Ray

Boston Celtics assistant coach Clifford Ray isn't one to suppress an opinion, and he doesn't when it comes to the Magic's handling of Dwight Howard and Darko Milicic.

Ray, a big-man guru who became Howard's personal coach his rookie season but was let go when Brian Hill was hired, said Howard doesn't need coddling. "Seems like everybody is kissing Dwight's butt over there," Ray said before the Magic faced the Celtics Sunday.

Ray also said that he has never seen a player "misused" like Milicic, believing Darko's shooting and passing abilities have gone untapped. Milicic has said as much.

This summer Howard, who valued Ray's coaching, is up for a contract extension and Milicic will become a restricted free agent."

Why did Hill have to get rid of Ray? If it's like Schmitz is saying that he didn't feel that Dwight needed to be caudled, why do we sit Dwight when he is sniffing foul trouble for entire quarters? Isn't it a better idea to take our lumps now and let him learn how to play through it, for at least PART of the period?

I sure hope this doesn't bite us, I wonder how Darko would have looked this year if we still had Ray as our big man coach.

Marc, it already bit us, if we went back to look at how many games (I counted 10) that D12 sat and we lost mommentum and leads in games that were winable, for example at the start of the season when D12 was in foul trouble, and he would replace him with Garrity, Bo, and leave him on the bench for the entire 1st halves of games! Now look at the Boston game and how D12 acted as if he he wanted no part of the ball because of his foul shooting, proves that he has not developed the mindset of playing through his problems!!!

This just may very well get buried in here but here it goes.

Once the season ends there needs to be a closed door meeting with all the players that will be here long term which is Dwight, Trevor, JJ, etc. They need to air out everything they feel about Coach Hill. I am not saying they should pick the next coach but they should have an input on the current one. If the overriding opinion is that he is not liked than he should go. There is no reason to be bullheaded and keep him here to be mediocre and not lose money. He no longer means anything to the community as most savvy Magic fans know we made the playoffs dispite him. This is a very important summer for the Magic. Do they become the Timberwolves or do they become the Mavericks. Time will tell....

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

chosen, there is a thread on "Magic feel the sting of Ray"

Thank you solution, I found it quite interesting and I posted there as well.

The bottom line is that we are a very averge team as our record indicates. With that said I am glad we did make the playoffs, despite my cheering against it and despite my dislike for Hill's non coaching style. We'll get whipped in the playoffs but i'll be cheering my *** off hoping for the impossible. Next year we'll be stuck with Hill and after underachieving for half a season we will fire Hill by the all star break. GO MAGIC!!!!!

ROFL. My wife just started a mortgage company and won't let me buy playoff tickets until we get a loan closed. ****!!!!