Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

dorsey blows it again...

Hmmm... is toughness in the court bound to attitude problems every time?

I don't like trash talk and thuggish attitudes... not only don't like it, I don't it's good to have guys like that getting millions every year for doing that lol

But I like toughness in the game, physicality, defense, standing up when the refs are not behaving and all that. In the very little time I played organized basketball, I was a PF/C. I've always been a nice guy, but always took the game personally and got pumped up on physical and mental challenges. I didn't have much of an offensive game, but could defend, grab some rebounds and a couple of things. A couple of times I had to guard the best player on the other team because he was a big and he was getting mad at me because I was very annoying.

I was still a very nice guy... can it be possible?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

And if you guys say we need toughness..then why not this guy? He's not scared of losing money obviously. Take a look at our players?

nor is he scared of losing games with his mouth.

It's a summer league game. I don't see how people can write off a player based on a summer league performance. That is incredibly reactionary.

Summer league are as worthless as kitty litter. Its only used to improve the under achievers. Has he done this in a regular season game yet?...no...so I say this information is pretty worthless.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

I don't like trash talk and thuggish attitudes...

as paul pierce flashes gang signs as he runs past our bench with the championship trophy tied to his left leg for knee support....

... what about that rasheed wallace guy? i think he's won more games with his mouth than he's lost, and i don't like him at all.

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

I fail to see how not being a good free throw shooter is gonna turn him into an inmate.

I bet you if you line up 1,000 random inmates and have them shoot 100 free throws, hardly any of them will shoot over 70%.

It is a well known fact that poor free throw shoting skills leads to a life of crime.

Martha Stewart? you think she can even shoot 40%?

Charles Manson? he wouldn't even hit the rim.

Yes Sir, the link is there. The answer is obvious when you look at the facts.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

as paul pierce flashes gang signs as he runs past our bench with the championship trophy tied to his left leg for knee support....

... what about that rasheed wallace guy? i think he's won more games with his mouth than he's lost, and i don't like him at all.

Well, I like Timmy better, who tends to behave better in that aspect and has 4 rings.

We could argue about that but I would think Pierce and Wallace need more of their talent than they need their mouths. At the end of the day, I just give priority to character and respect on the court. I love toughness, just not big mouths and stuff like that.

I think we all agree that the Magic need toughness and better physical play. Some intimidation with physical play?... OK, but I don't think a head case needs to come with that.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, I like Timmy better, who tends to behave better in that aspect and has 4 rings.

Have you watched Duncan play? Every time he misses a shot he screams at the refs like someone pulled a gun on him. Off the court he is a saint but he does the exact same thing on the court that Rasheed does. The difference is that Rasheed has developed that reputation and for whatever reason the refs let Duncan slide.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

And if you guys say we need toughness..then why not this guy? He's not scared of losing money obviously. Take a look at our players?

nor is he scared of losing games with his mouth.

It's a summer league game. I don't see how people can write off a player based on a summer league performance. That is incredibly reactionary.

it is not reactionary. he has always been a dunce-atleast during his college bball career. his game is flawed in the sense that he loses his head rather readily even at the college level. he was constantly overmatched on D at the college level, hence all the fouls...and would resort to talking shiot while meandering up the court, allowing his man to beat him to the basket(aka arthur, championship game)...we all have seen it happen over the years, its not the mindset you want on the team.

why would anyone try to compare duncan or sheed to dorsey? duncan complains about calls, he doesnt talk shiot to other teams players so badly that he gets ejected. sheed is sheed, but he is also the man.

i dont have problems with trash talkers in general...just ones that dont have game to back it up, and ones that are too stupid to know when to shutup. unfortunately, dorsey falls under both of the last two categories. his skill set isnt good enough for him to be talking so much crap he gets t's from the sideline, costing his team the game.

quote:

he was constantly overmatched on D at the college level, hence all the fouls...and would resort to talking shiot while meandering up the court, allowing his man to beat him to the basket(aka arthur, championship game)

Congrats, maybe only once have I seen a poster fit so many inaccuracies and so much bs into so few words.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

he was constantly overmatched on D at the college level, hence all the fouls...and would resort to talking shiot while meandering up the court, allowing his man to beat him to the basket(aka arthur, championship game)

Congrats, maybe only once have I seen a poster fit so many inaccuracies and so much bs into so few words.

enlighten me then...how do you explain all the fouls...be it defensive or technical, all the highlights of him jawing at players while having a crazy effective game of 6pts 2rebs 5fouls in the biggest game of his life...and allowing his man to get 20-10 in the same game? or, could it just be that many pf's had great games against memphis over the course of the season by coincidence...?

you may live in memphis, but that obviously doesnt mean you know what your talking about regarding dorsey.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Have you watched Duncan play? Every time he misses a shot he screams at the refs like someone pulled a gun on him. Off the court he is a saint but he does the exact same thing on the court that Rasheed does. The difference is that Rasheed has developed that reputation and for whatever reason the refs let Duncan slide.

False. Duncan doesnt yell at the refs, he opens his eyes like he just got stabbed and puts on his most convincing shock look, every single whistle. Tim Duncan is yet to commit a foul in the NBA.

Even TD would not be a magic guy it appears. From what i hear, he could be friends with Sheed.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

enlighten me then...how do you explain all the fouls...be it defensive or technical, all the highlights of him jawing at players while having a crazy effective game of 6pts 2rebs 5fouls in the biggest game of his life...and allowing his man to get 20-10 in the same game? or, could it just be that many pf's had great games against memphis over the course of the season by coincidence...?

you may live in memphis, but that obviously doesnt mean you know what your talking about regarding dorsey.

For starters, he didn't match up vs. Arthur in the game. That would have been Dozier & Taggert.

Constantly overmatched defensively on the college level? By who? Kevin Love?

That's why he fouls? Good grief this is idiotic. Dude challenges every shot like his life depends on it. Plays out of control, plays wrecklessly, sure. Is overmatched and therefore commits fouls? Beyond Dumb.

You don't like the guy, cool. You wanna criticize his game, fine. There are plenty of legitimate facts you can use without highlighting your ignorance. You can continue repeating the same stupid things for the next two months, they will still be stupid.