Sign in to follow this  
Mr Charisma

Greg Norman - where would this rank?

At the time of this post during the 2nd round of the British Open, Greg Norman is leading at the age of 52.

If he actually pulls this victory off, where would this rank in sports history moments?

At the time of this post during the 2nd round of the British Open, Greg Norman is leading at the age of 52.

If he actually pulls this victory off, where would this rank in sports history moments?

I think it would be a pretty big story. Man hes played good steady golf for the first two rounds. And especially considering the conditions.

I would love to see it, and I would say it would be quite the ratings boost and for sure a compelling story.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I find it difficult to believe that Norman, who once was leading a major by 6 going into the final round and wound up losing by 6 to Nick Faldo, could possibly hold up.

Well that has been his achilles hasnt it. But hes also had great success overseas. And with the conditions the way they are and probably will be all weekend says that if he can play steady, you wont see someone just charging up.

If he doesnt pull a +5 or so, and stays steady, he has a great chance.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Wow !!! I just looked at the leaderboard and see that David Duval has cracked the Top 10.

Did I go through a time warp this morning?

No. It's still 1995, just like it was yesterday.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Wow !!! I just looked at the leaderboard and see that David Duval has cracked the Top 10.

No. It's still 1995, just like it was yesterday.

Good, it scared me for a second there. I sure hope Shaq and Penny play well for us this year. This should be quite a combo for years to come !!!

quote:

LOL. Now hes one shot off the lead. Man, I wonder what the Vegas odds are on those two.

KJ Choi's taken the lead now. Think that's probably Norman over now, but it would be nice to think he can keep it up.

John Daly is +18 for just today after 16 holes.

The only way my day could be going any better is if they announced that O.J. Simpson was found castrated on the streets of South Beach.

quote:

John Daly is +18 for just today after 16 holes.

The only way my day could be going any better is if they announced that O.J. Simpson was found castrated on the streets of South Beach.

LOL, not a lot of love for John I see. Well they just came on and said he had shoulder and rib issues and is basically playing one armed.

I give him props for finishing, not like Rich Beem or Lyle, who just picked up their balls and ran with their tails between their legs because the conditions were too rough.