Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Would you trade Dwight Howard for Lebron James if......?

quote:
Dwight still has room to develop. I do not see that for James.

They are basically the same age, so this statement is beyond ridiculous.

quote:
Lebron is gay, and sucks, and will never win a championship, and Detroit sucks for losing to him in the third round 2 years ago.

Lebron not only single-handedly took a bunch of NBDA players to the NBA Finals 2 years ago, but also came closer to beating the eventual NBA champions than any team in the playoffs this year with a different set of NBDA players.

Dwight supporting cast was significantly better than Lebron's last year, and probably better the year before.

The question is a tough question, and I posted my opinion on the first page, but the bashing of Lebron just shows a level of basketball ignorance that should be downright embarrassing to some.

I will tell you what should be emberassing is watching highlight of"King" James and then counting the steps that he was allowed to make. How about the whining that he does if he does not get a call, he makes Timmy look good, The league has been looking for the next Michael and has been hyping this guy since high school, makes me sick. This guy is a great talent but is not the 2nd coming, and is not better than D12. If D12 got the calls that Bron got he would lead the league in scoring.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

quote:
Dwight and Hedo, for, Lebron plus a center who is of comparable worth to Hedo!

Or you can just be a fan of the Cavs...

More like the Cavs plus Shard and a couple better role players, but you're right, the essential trade would be Lebron/Z for Dwight/Hedo.

quote:
Originally posted by jturner01:

I will tell you what should be emberassing is watching highlight of"King" James and then counting the steps that he was allowed to make. How about the whining that he does if he does not get a call, he makes Timmy look good, The league has been looking for the next Michael and has been hyping this guy since high school, makes me sick. This guy is a great talent but is not the 2nd coming, and is not better than D12. If D12 got the calls that Bron got he would lead the league in scoring.

Wow, I stumbled on a picture of Lebron haters...

crying_baby.jpg

Lebron James' overhyping followers look a little like this...

dancing.jpg

I'm just saying, the guy is good, but the whole overhyping and over valueing him gets old and tired. Truth is he is a very good player. Maybe one of the best this decade. But the mentality that he is a basketball god is just too hard for me to accept.

I wouldn't trade Dwight for him. You can find another big SG or SF that can score 20+ fairly easy if you pay for him(Rashard and Hedo maybe), you cannot find a 7 footer(ok he is only 6'-101/2" lol) that can jump, rebound, block, and is just a beast down low like Dwight.

Shaq was like Dwight, from Shaq to Dwight we've had many new big guys coming in and out, and there hasn't been another man like them in between. In that same period, how many 25+pts a game guards and forwards have we seen?

Sure Lebron can also pass, rebound and defend. Fine, but all those things can be covered with other players in the team, you know 5 people play together not just one guy.

I wouldn't do the trade.

As I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't do the trade earlier.

But I think the point that is missing here is that Lebron has already proven that he can single-handedly take, not just a game, but a series over with a bunch of teammates who couldn't win the C-USA title, even without Memphis in it.

Dwight, nor any other player in the NBA right now, for that matter, can claim that.

It's not always about who is the most gifted or talented. It's often about the inner drive of a person that absolutely refuses to lose.

Officiating? Please. The poster of that argument even had the nerve, after complaining about Lebron getting extra steps, to mention that he is no Michael "I've Never Taken Less Than 4 Steps On Any Possession" Jordan. How can 1 post contain such a drastic contradiction?

There is a difference between wanting some guy to fail because you don't like him or his team, and totally ignoring his skills and accomplishments as though they don't exist.

They do exist. He is a pretty good player, like I said probably Top 5 in the league, in my opinion, but I still wouldn't take him.

You cannot ignore his skills and talent. Its there.

I don't like him as a player and I don't like the team, but you cannot deny his talent.

I wouldn't want him in my team, I don't like him as a player.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

They do exist. He is a pretty good player, like I said probably Top 5 in the league, in my opinion, but I still wouldn't take him.

I don't like him as a player and I don't like the team, but you cannot deny his talent.

And I get that. No argument from me if you feel that way. That's exactly the same way I felt about MJ when he was playing. I have always felt the same way about Brett Favre, too.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

And I get that. No argument from me if you feel that way. That's exactly the same way I felt about MJ when he was playing. I have always felt the same way about Brett Favre, too.

Exactly. I think we are on the same page about the guy. Well almost there. I was an MJ fan, big time, but I was also 10 when I first saw him play. Watching him as a kid, not knowing about the game, it looked amazing. Its obvious that stars get the calls and get away with much more than role players.

Now all this talk is really pointless because the trade would never happen, but its summer time, we are all bored.

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman:

No to James.

Dwight still has room to develop. I do not see that for James.

Dwight has shown that He has a commitment here. James has a commitment there. The cost to get them to change that would not be worth the value obtained.

IMO Dwight appears to be a more stable personality.

Again NO!

I wouldn't do this trade, but I also don't agree with this statement... at all. James doesn't have room to develop? If he develops a reliable outside shot and increased his free-throw percentage, he will be absolutely unstopable. He will average close to 40 a game, and that's just ridiculous. I also think that his personality is extremely stable. He knows who he is and what's expected of him and he acts that way. He gives interviews like Derek Jeter -- he says all of the right things. Then, on the court (as you saw in the playoffs two years ago) he is a leader.

Still, I stick with the championship trend. Big over not-so-big wins titles. And titles are big... very big.