Sign in to follow this  
bballfan110

Which PF / Wilcox or Collison

We need a Starting PF to bang down low next to Dwight. Since everyone is talking about Wilcox and Collison, Which player would be a better fit for the Team. I am interested in finding out everyone's opinion......

We need a Starting PF to bang down low next to Dwight. Since everyone is talking about Wilcox and Collison, Which player would be a better fit for the Team. I am interested in finding out everyone's opinion......

ya I see them sticking with what worked last year with Lewis at PF and bringing Battie or somebody else in if we need to go big. I do wish we had somebody tougher we could bring in though.

Collison by a mile. His style meshes much better with Dwight and his attitude is that of a bruiser. Like the rest said though the chances of this happening are slim to none.

Collison means we can't sign Hedo without going into the luxury tax, which we all know ownership isn't going to do.

So you want Collison, or Hedo? That's the real question.

2010-2011 SEASON

Core Players

Lewis...........20.5

Howard........15.7

Turkoglu......10.0

Collison........6.7 (a big if)

Nelson.........6.7

Pietrus.........5.0

Crittenton.....2.2 (a big if)

Lee.............1.3

Gortat.........1.0

End of Bench Players

Auggie.........1.0

DRAFT..........1.7

DRAFT............7

FREE AGENT.....1.0

FREE AGENT.....1.0

FREE AGENT.....2.5

TOTAL - 77.0

Est. Salary cap 63.0 (the cap has grown approx. 3m each year)

Est. Luxury cap 78.0 (the luxury tax has grown approx. 4m a year)

We would be very close to the luxury but with all those quality players can you make an arguement why it would be an issue?

We will be in the new arena. More revenue. Winning team = Money.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

collison is a better player in every statistical category, and he has a high bball IQ.

Not to mention that he is one of the better offensive rebounders in the league.

i'd seriously take either right now, toronto is getting ready to battle at the pf/c position like we're getting ready to take on detroit's guards:

story

Jawai Ramping Up

Nathan Jawai was at Impact Basketball today working out with new front court partner Jermaine O'Neal. The young man from Australia gave Sam Mitchell an eyeful as he went through a number of drills to demonstrate both his physical prowess under the basket and his soft shooting touch.

First was a serious of low post power moves - Jawai on one side and O'Neal on the other. Jawai is a huge physical specimen, and he showed right away that he has the footwork and the raw power to be lethal under the hoop. Next up was a series of shooting drills, one of which had him shooting one-handed from the free throw line extended. He made a high percentage of those shots, too, and definitely has the potential to be a mid-range threat. Together with his power game under the basket he could turn out to be an important player for the Raptors this season.