Sign in to follow this  
MVPHOWARD

Is anyone else excited about Gortat

I remember saying last year if Gortat scored on you your teams sucks. now this year I have already been impressed with him. Gortat should get more minutes if we dont resign Foyle.

I remember saying last year if Gortat scored on you your teams sucks. now this year I have already been impressed with him. Gortat should get more minutes if we dont resign Foyle.

I wouldn't be suprised if Gortat will be the primary backup for the 4 and 5. (The 4 if Hedo comes off the bench and Rashard is at the 3. I don't think he will supplant Battie because Battie's ability to knock down the 12 footer will be invaluable for spacing with Dwight.)

But yes, I am very excited. This is premature, but my gut tells me the Magic should sign Gortat long term now, something like 5 years.

He really did impress me with these summer league games, and the fact that he's young and pretty athletic should put him ahead of foyle

Excitement isn't the right word, but heck yea, I'm pretty pumped to see Gortat play so solid in the summer league. He's going to turn out to be a player - considering he's only been playing bball for a handful of years, his potential is yet unknown. He may turn out to be starter material in a year or two.

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

yeah, but does anyone think he's going to see the court?

Don't let SVG fool you, he does not give anything away, especially mins!

The playoff's were a clear indication, that with added improvement this season, Marcin could write his own ticket!!! I hope he becomes more than just useful, I am leaning towards signifigant!!

quote:
Originally posted by BlueMagic:

During the playoffs he did fairly well and with this solid summer league play he has definently passed Foyle on the depth chart

Well the way that I see it, Marcin passed Foyle in the depth charts during the playoff's. Now I am not sure if I want to measure his improvement based on a Foyle comparision!

I like Foyle, I like where his heart is, but the body, (his body) is still stuck in park!!