Sign in to follow this  
Knappy

Wilcox rumors ....

quote:
Originally posted by soldjafluffy:

caco i can see where u r comin from but... on any other team Ginobili would b a starter and i have no problem with turk comin off the bench and givin us that spark late in the game.

Nelson/(Williams)??

Pietrus/Lee

Shard/Turk

Wilcox/Battie/Cook

Howard/Gortat

not a bad 2nd team if you ask me

Wilcox would be nice ...

Nelson

Pietrus

Hedo

Lewis

Howard

and at times we go

Nelson

Pietrus

Lewis

Wilcox

Howard

30 minutes a game for

Nelson

Pietrus

Hedo

Lewis

Wilcox, and

Howard

those 6 above

Battie and Gortat each getting about 10 to 15 minutes, and 10 to 15 minutes for Lee and Williams,

at times you could give Cook some minutes for Battie and Gortat, and

when we have a big lead you can give some more minutes to one or more of the following - Lee, Cook, Battie and Gortat

You can have a 2nd team like

Williams

Pietrus

Hedo

Wilcox, and

Gortat, or

Nelson

Lee

Lewis

Wilcox

Howard, or

you get it

I think part of what they want for Wilcox will be cap relief. First of they have a shrewd owner, secondly, they are rebuilding. big contracts are likely to be dealt IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

I think part of what they want for Wilcox will be cap relief. First of they have a shrewd owner, secondly, they are rebuilding. big contracts are likely to be dealt IMO.

Cook has 4 million that could come off the books if he opted out, but he would be stupid to do so. We probably could've offered some expirings at the trade deadline, but Otis didn't want to screw with our chemistry, he'd just rather they leave for nothing than get something for them.

if he improves his shooting, esp. from the free throw line, he would be ideal. thats saying a lot though. he and lewis are tight too.

to be honest i dont see them trading wilcox unless we deal turk. he's too young and atheletic. we also will have to deal a couple pieces to match his salary if not turk.

ie. i dont see us trading turk

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

if he improves his shooting, esp. from the free throw line, he would be ideal. thats saying a lot though. he and lewis are tight too.

to be honest i dont see them trading wilcox unless we deal turk. he's too young and atheletic. we also will have to deal a couple pieces to match his salary if not turk.

ie. i dont see us trading turk

thats why its more likely that we can deal for collison. Collison has a 3 year deal. if we go cook and jj/bogans then even if cook doesnt opt out he still expires during the summer of lebron. Cap space galore just in time for a massive free agent market and a 7 million contract for collison doesnt bode well for any potential upgrades especially since thats the last time they can make a big free agent splash before they need to lock up durant, green, and westbrook

also, i just found this out. members of the 2007 draft class on only have 2 years of guaranteed contracts followed by 2 years of team options. It used to be 3 guaranteed.

quote:

JJ & Bogans and a future first - both come off the books next year and if JJ pans out you got a solid shooter and a draft pick.

Is there any talk of a trade like that?

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:

JJ & Bogans and a future first - both come off the books next year and if JJ pans out you got a solid shooter and a draft pick.

Is there any talk of a trade like that?

According to TradeChecker, that won't work.

A trade of Cook and either Bogans or JJ would, however. If you want to throw in a draft pick...

still wondering if anyone knows what Sea/Okl wants for him and what Orl is willing to give - any exchange between the teams?

quote:

So, it sounds like there maybe some truth to the Wilcox rumors as it is coming up from various sources.

My question is for any in the know .... what would the Magic offer and what does Seattle/Oklahoma want for Wilcox?

I was thinking that it would be reasonable to offer ...

two of the three - JJ, Bogans, Cook

and

A future first round pick (lottery protected or top 5 protected - not that we would ever need that protection for a while).

I think some team would like to give JJ a shot and a future first is intriguing and you get an expiring contract and serviceable player in Bogans or Cook.

So, the questions are what do they want for Wilcox? Can you provide more information? What will the Magic offer? How plausable is all of this?

that exact trade offer has already been brought up several times. do we need to keep making new threads about it?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

So, it sounds like there maybe some truth to the Wilcox rumors as it is coming up from various sources.

My question is for any in the know .... what would the Magic offer and what does Seattle/Oklahoma want for Wilcox?

I was thinking that it would be reasonable to offer ...

two of the three - JJ, Bogans, Cook

and

A future first round pick (lottery protected or top 5 protected - not that we would ever need that protection for a while).

I think some team would like to give JJ a shot and a future first is intriguing and you get an expiring contract and serviceable player in Bogans or Cook.

So, the questions are what do they want for Wilcox? Can you provide more information? What will the Magic offer? How plausable is all of this?

that exact trade offer has already been brought up several times. do we need to keep making new threads about it?

we are bringing up the trade ideas - what are the teams saying? anyone know?