Sign in to follow this  
Svanxx

JJ Redick on PTI

First time poster, long time reader.

Like everyone else here, I get tired of seeing ESPN talk more about Redick then our biggest star and who should soon be the biggest star in the East, Dwight Howard (well maybe other than Lebron) and even our new free agent signee.

So of course I was mad when they forgot Dwight when saying that Brand was the only 20/10 player in the east (um, I think Dwight was a 20/14) and then they talked about the chances on JJ being gone (one of the guys said 1000%.)

Anyways, hopefully my next posts will be more worth while. Love the site and can't wait for this season to begin!

Like everyone else here, I get tired of seeing ESPN talk more about Redick then our biggest star and who should soon be the biggest star in the East, Dwight Howard (well maybe other than Lebron) and even our new free agent signee.

So of course I was mad when they forgot Dwight when saying that Brand was the only 20/10 player in the east (um, I think Dwight was a 20/14) and then they talked about the chances on JJ being gone (one of the guys said 1000%.)

Anyways, hopefully my next posts will be more worth while. Love the site and can't wait for this season to begin!

Awesome, looks like we have another good contributer to the boards!

I agree that we get zero recognition, and it has gotten to the point of being a little strange. You would think someone like Dwight would be the first person that any media, or even the NBA would try to market, especially with all of the negativity surrounding the NBA currently. With so many thugs and arrests/attitude problems, it is surprising to me that Dwight and the Magic gets left out of any and all conversation in the media.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

Awesome, looks like we have another good contributer to the boards!

I agree that we get zero recognition, and it has gotten to the point of being a little strange. You would think someone like Dwight would be the first person that any media, or even the NBA would try to market, especially with all of the negativity surrounding the NBA currently. With so many thugs and arrests/attitude problems, it is surprising to me that Dwight and the Magic gets left out of any and all conversation in the media.

Its cause the rest of the country looks at orlando as a week market and not a formatable city. kinda like im looking at OKC right now. This is some of the reason we loos our great players. They got to get to a place that can feed there EGO! lets hope dwight never falls into this trap. Id like to see his jersey retire here. but history sais hell get to the finals here and get our hopes up then move on and win multiple chapionships in some larger market, then the nation will have superman jammed down their throat non stop!

arrrrgh im done!

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

Welcome to the boards. Don't worry, this post was worthwhile. And humbleness is something we can use more off around here.

It's because we are a one franchise city. But still, PTI did p#$$ me off today. And chad ford wasn't much better. Once again he named Boston, Detroit, Cleveland, Philli and Toronto (Bleeping TORONTO) as the top teams in the East going into the season. Chad Ford makes me so crazy I want to castrate myself with kite string. (Not Really, but close)

First time poster here as well. Svanxx I saw that PTI too and you got work up over nothing. Although Dwight was a 20 and 10 player last year, the table of players clearly states that it was for career 20/10 players in recent history. They didn't forget about Dwight, he is a career 16.5/12.2 player. I would agree with the Magic not getting respect but, it wasn't present in this case.

quote:
Originally posted by DaveCorzineLives!:

Chad Ford makes me so crazy I want to castrate myself with kite string. (Not Really, but close)

This made me lol.

Not just string. KITE string.

Thanks for all of the cool comments. I probably won't post a huge amount, but I'll be on here almost every day at least reading stuff.

I haven't seen PTI yet today, but the only teams that might be better in the East at this moment are Boston and Detroit. And they're both getting older and Detroit was in panic mode after they lost in the playoffs. Boston might lose a few of their bench players.

Philly will be harder to play against, but this year we shouldn't get torched as much by Guards and hopefully we shorthanded with Bigs in the playoffs.

Cleveland is no better than last year and Toronto has 2 soft bigs, although Bosh is much much better than O'Neal. Washington is the same. Atlanta might lose one of their stars. Miami may make the playoffs, but they have a lot of issues. Charlotte will compete, but they do not have any players that can take over a game.

We improved a lot, because although we are losing Dooling, everyone else we're losing should not be missed. Our SG's we just acquired look to be much better than the ones we had before. Battie should give us another big that we really need. Gortat's development is a good sign. I still think we need another big and definately a backup PG.

One thing that I disagree with is everyone harping on Jameer. I will admit that his size hurts on defense, but he sure plays hard. I think this last year's uneven play was caused a lot by his Dad dying. How would you do at your job is that happened to you?

He stepped up big time in the playoffs and he plays like that next year, I'd be very happy. I love his driving ability and he has the best alley-oop passing I've seen in a long time. I wish that the Magic would use it more often, because sometimes it seems unstoppable.