Sign in to follow this  
TheGoose

Lee to play pg

Believe me Stan and Otis are already licking their chops on "Lee" playing pg,so he will get his chance and i think he's gonna do very well,but dont exspect him to put up Steve Nash type numbers so give him a chance to learn the speed and strength of the NBA an he'll be just fine.

quote:
Originally posted by mr.humble:

Believe me Stan and Otis are already licking their chops on "Lee" playing pg,so he will get his chance and i think he's gonna do very well,but dont exspect him to put up Steve Nash type numbers so give him a chance to learn the speed and strength of the NBA an he'll be just fine.

LOL, Steve Nash numbers? All I would expect of him is to consistently get the ball up the court without turning it over! This conversation is seriously making my head hurt. I don't think you guys realize how tough it is to play the point in the NBA. There is a reason that good point guards are hard to find.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by mr.humble:

LOL, Steve Nash numbers? All I would expect of him is to consistently get the ball up the court without turning it over! This conversation is seriously making my head hurt. I don't think you guys realize how tough it is to play the point in the NBA. There is a reason that good point guards are hard to find.

I think the thought is more of a Rodney Stuckey type point guard. Big, strong, can score and defend. He has the unselfishness and the passing ability (not a great passer but can get the ball to who he wants to). I don't think he can do any worse than Dooling as a back-up. We could really have a good player here.

Lee looks to be a very solid pick. As a rookie he will make his mistakes but he is very sound and mature. I think he will play Sg and pg depending on what we need at the time. can't wait for the season to start.

I've only watched a few quarters of summer league action, but I came away very impressed with Lee's passing also..

I agree it's too early to bank on the young fella at point, but there's no reason we can't speculate he could end up there some day. . .

I think we're all going to be very happy with the Lee pick, point guard or not! He looks like he belongs out there.

quote:
Originally posted by Nessloch:

I've only watched a few quarters of summer league action, but I came away very impressed with Lee's passing also..

I agree it's too early to bank on the young fella at point, but there's no reason we can't speculate he could end up there some day. . .

I think we're all going to be very happy with the Lee pick, point guard or not! He looks like he belongs out there.

Amen Brother!!!

quote:
All this talk about how ridiculous it would be to have lee play pg just goes to show that some people just have no clue. Lee actually played pg up to his junior year in college and I don't know if anybody has watched the summer league footage, but lee is the epitimy of a great pg. He always talks about getting other players shots first and his play definitly shows it. He is short and stocky and I don't believe he can handle the bigger sg's at 6'7 and such. I think J will makes for a good 3rd option but Lee could be the big backup we have been lookin for. It's just a thought but it could also explain why otis is set on keeping jj and trading bogans so jj can get his time w/ lee at pg.

P.S. how sick would it be if the magic worked a deal for haslem and williams?!

I agree with everything you said

quote:
Lee actually played pg up to his junior year in college and I don't know if anybody has watched the summer league footage, but lee is the epitimy of a great pg.
quote:

As a WKU alumni who was also a manager for the bball team I can assure you of a couple of different things. 1. He was not ever our PG. Our up tempo style lead to a lot of different guys "handling" the ball but he was never a good enough ball handler to be the point. 2. That being said he's definitely NBA ready. The one thing I don't get and maybe it's me still getting more familiar with your roster / outlook, but it seems like there are several here who are down on this pick.....as if no one trust anyone from ESPN or any college / pro experts who all have nothing but great things to say about C Lee. 3. In terms of court vision and mentality he could develop into a PG because he sees the floor very well and is a very unselfish player.

Just a couple of insights there from a guy who's pumped about Courtney and his accomplishments to this point. He has great character, ability, and work ethics and in my opinion be a very solid contributor to this team.

The Newest Orlando Magic Fan - (on a side note, I went to high school with the NL All-Star guy voted in by the fans today in baseball....good times to be me eh?) icon_smile.gif

OK, this is crazy talk, seriously. If you guys think that Lee playing PG for us this season is a good thing, than ya'll must be satisfied with just making the playoffs every year.

I'm ready for us to "TITLE CONTEND" this up and coming season. We need a true vet backup PG to put us over the top. I'm not really sold on either Jay-Will or Tinsley, but there still better IMO over Lee.

Also lets remember that just cause Lee is showing "flashes" of being a good/decent pg in this league during summer camp, lets look at the competition level, lets just say he's not going against Steve Nash or CP3, nuff said.

All I'm saying is that I'm not an NBA scout, but lets all remember that Mr Lee was taken in the 20's in the draft not in the Top 10, like I guess some people on these boards think he should have been. Bottom line for me, if this kid Lee gets any sort of serious pt this season it looks like I can go ahead and quit saving my money for Finals tickets, cause Lee ain't taking us there.

It seems like the blue and white tinted glasees our out if you guys truly believe that a rookie can just hop into the NBA and perform at a high level at a position that wasn't even their best in college.

I will be very pleases is he can just be an average backup SG with flashes talent in his first year.

quote:
Originally posted by clarkn1237:

OK, this is crazy talk, seriously. If you guys think that Lee playing PG for us this season is a good thing, than ya'll must be satisfied with just making the playoffs every year.

I'm ready for us to "TITLE CONTEND" this up and coming season. We need a true vet backup PG to put us over the top. I'm not really sold on either Jay-Will or Tinsley, but there still better IMO over Lee.

Also lets remember that just cause Lee is showing "flashes" of being a good/decent pg in this league during summer camp, lets look at the competition level, lets just say he's not going against Steve Nash or CP3, nuff said.

All I'm saying is that I'm not an NBA scout, but lets all remember that Mr Lee was taken in the 20's in the draft not in the Top 10, like I guess some people on these boards think he should have been. Bottom line for me, if this kid Lee gets any sort of serious pt this season it looks like I can go ahead and quit saving my money for Finals tickets, cause Lee ain't taking us there.

A couple of things that struck me as funny.

1) Your signature has the comment of "Brooks Thompson & Brian Evans were better draft picks than Courtney Lee!!", and you have a picture of JJ as your avatar. You must be a JJ fan, yet even as a JJ fan you couldn't even say that "JJ Redick was a better draft pick than Courtney Evans!!" So, in essence, you have now dropped JJ's value to a notch or two below Brooks Thompson. LOL. Way to support your guy.

2) Your statement of "lets just say he's not going against Steve Nash" struck me as really funny, because Steve Nash has never played a minute of defense in his life. If he HAD gone against Nash in the Summer League, he might have scored in the 30s. Of course, Nash would have destroyed him on the other end also. Not a criticism; it just struck me as funny.

I like Lee, he's going to be good for us.

However, on the issue. You play the guy to his strengths, meaning he remains on the wing. That my bottom line. He is not a point guard. From what I can see he presents similar to Hedo. A wing player with play making ability. Its a hell of an asset to posses the intelligence and skills to execute and make things happen. He's going to very valuable if he can translate that game to the pros.