Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Hedo will be the 2009 NBA 6th man of the year...

Hedo will be perfect off the bench for next season. With him and Rashard being able to play more than one position, he can be used in various situations and he should get plenty of playing time. I think this will be good for Turk for a few reasons. First, I don't think Turk is in the best shape, he will be able to save his body for the 4th quarter of games and for the late season and playoffs (Remember he was getting sick every other week a few seasons ago so maybe a cut back on his minutes can prevent all these things) Secondly, using him as a reserve will better the chances of the Magic resigning him after next season because he might not comand "Starter" money. Not only all that, Turk will be instant offense when some of our other shooters come off the floor and he will have free range to look for his shots and take over the game at the offensive end without having to worry about getting out other superstars the ball. I think Turk might enjoy this role.

Hedo will be perfect off the bench for next season. With him and Rashard being able to play more than one position, he can be used in various situations and he should get plenty of playing time. I think this will be good for Turk for a few reasons. First, I don't think Turk is in the best shape, he will be able to save his body for the 4th quarter of games and for the late season and playoffs (Remember he was getting sick every other week a few seasons ago so maybe a cut back on his minutes can prevent all these things) Secondly, using him as a reserve will better the chances of the Magic resigning him after next season because he might not comand "Starter" money. Not only all that, Turk will be instant offense when some of our other shooters come off the floor and he will have free range to look for his shots and take over the game at the offensive end without having to worry about getting out other superstars the ball. I think Turk might enjoy this role.

I'm actually not sure Turk would be so accepting. Most Improved Player of the year. Everybody else in the world except the NBA thought he was an all-star. And then right after his breakout season, he gets sent to the bench. Not saying that it wouldn't be the right move or that he still couldn't flourish in a Manu/Ben Gordon type role - I just don't think he'd be that happy to do so.

It will be hard to be 6th man of the year when you are the starting SF....Word on the street is saying Lewis will still start the 4 and Hedo still at the 3.

Howard/Gortat/Foyle(already claiming a return)

Lewis/Battie/

Hedo/Cook/Bogans

Peaches/Redick-Lee

Nelson/Lee-FA(Jason Williams?)

If you were fresh off MIP and heading into a year that you could opt out afterwards (and be a FA in order to secure your last big contract) would you be excited about losing your starting spot and coming off the bench?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

If you were fresh off MIP and heading into a year that you could opt out afterwards (and be a FA in order to secure your last big contract) would you be excited about losing your starting spot and coming off the bench?

If you were still getting starter's minutes, then why not?

It all depends on his attitude.

quote:

You nailed it Sky. The only way Hedo will excel as a 6th man is if he chooses to accept the role, AND, if he does so with enthusiasm. I certainly wouldn't hold it against him if he wasn't thrilled by it, considering all that he accomplished last season..as a starter. But, if that's the role that SV asks him to play, then I would expect him to be a professional about it and to give it all he has.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:

That is my point, how is he going to take that? This, more than likely is his big money year, if he has a big season he is going to get big dollars. If he feels like coming off the bench is going to hurt his stats and as a result hurt his big money year, I don't think this will go well. If we see him dealt at the deadline my guess is that this will be the cause of it.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:

That is my point, how is he going to take that? This, more than likely is his big money year, if he has a big season he is going to get big dollars. If he feels like coming off the bench is going to hurt his stats and as a result hurt his big money year, I don't think this will go well. If we see him dealt at the deadline my guess is that this will be the cause of it.

But not starting the game isn't the end of the world! If he only played 20 minutes a game then I would totally understand. But if he's still getting his 32-38 minutes a game like last season then he's still has every opportunity to excel and "get his." Not only that but his scoring and rebounding would probably even rise because he'd be the #1 option most of the time, especially in the first three quarters (I would expect him to play with the starters in the 4th quarter, if SVG had half a brain which I'm sure he does).

The only downside is his assists might drop because he'd be passing to non-starters more often than not.

But if Hedo stops to think about it logically, what's the difference between his time on the court being back-loaded during the game rather than front-loaded?

I guess we'll see. I'm expecting hedo to be a professional though. If Rashard can have no problem with Hedo being the #2 option last year over him, then I would expect Hedo to be just as much of a pro this season.