Sign in to follow this  
magicdepth

The Official Otis Smith Appreciation Thread

It's not just getting Alston. It's getting a starting PG while giving up only Brian Cook and a late first round pick, and while totally killing our cap/tax situation, and putting together $16 million in expiring contracts for next year's trading deadline, where everybody and their mother will be trying to get under the cap. By the way, it also frees up some roster spots to take flyers on young players. I worry slightly that we may have to go a little into the tax to keep Gortat next summer, but that's a minor concern at this point. They're either going to pay him to take over for when Battie leaves, or they're not...end of story. Truly a great move.

Bringing this back after another HUGE summer coup. No matter what else happens OTIS deserves a ^5 from all MAGIC fans. This is 2 years in a row that I have been impressed by Otis... keep him away from my poker table!

Otis is doing a good job this offseason. I like the Bass deal and picking up Ryan Anderson. But most of all, i liked the VC deal. Bringing VC here is gonna work wonders for us. Finally a go to scorer. A guy that can take a game over.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Otis is doing a good job this offseason. I like the Bass deal and picking up Ryan Anderson. But most of all, i liked the VC deal. Bringing VC here is gonna work wonders for us. Finally a go to scorer. A guy that can take a game over.

yeah we all know already how much you like VC move ..lol

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by magicdepth:

What has Otis done the last 2 years..

Extended Tony Battie for no reason

Lost DeShawn Stephenson for no reason

Screwed the pooch on Darko extension negotiation

Got punked by Rashard Lewis & Grant Hill

Lost Darko for nothing

Made a classic amatuer mistake in hiring Billy D..

Got lucky as hell Billy D. saved Otis from himself.

Got azz ra-ped by Pat Riley just for ****s & giggles

Gave Howard an extension an illiterate hooker knew was a no brainer

Extended Meer for 6 years before he was on the open market this year...We saved money here!

Apparently smoked crack with Magicdepth

Traded Ariza for the black Pat Garrity

Drafted C-Lee

Signed Pietrus before any of us knew Brand was going to Philly and Maggette was getting paid well by GS.

Received a death threat from a fan if resigned Garrity.

I don't agree but lmfao Brian Cook= The Black Pat Garrity hahahahah

I'm gonna give some credit to rdv for going into the luxury and allowing Otis to make these big money moves. Big ups to the entire front office, I was wrong when I thought that they didn't have the stomach to put up the cash. I can only hope they continue down this path.