Sign in to follow this  
magicdepth

The Official Otis Smith Appreciation Thread

Good job Otis now go get us a pf that can rebound and a back up point guard that can defend and were a serious threat to Boston and Detroit next season

Darko is a bust in the sense that he will never live up to his expectations attached to his draft selection.

Darko playing alongside Dwight would have been a very good thing, but not at the available price.

For the money the Magic gave Rashard Lewis last year, they could of gotten 3 Mikael Pietrus's. I've wanted Otis to sign Pietrus to an offer sheet last year, but all in all a good signing. The Magic now have three positions solidified out of 5, SG, C, and SF. Now if they can just get a PF and a PG they would be deep and talented.

I think the Magic are going to make a major move before this year's trading deadline. Unfortunately, I think we will be saying goodbye to Mr. Turkoglu in the long run.

Holy crap how many times do we have to talk about the Darko thing. HE'S TERRIBLE! HE CAN'T EVEN GET RUN ON MEMPHIS, ONE OF THE ABSOLUTE WORST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE! Playing along Dwight wasn't suddenly going to make him a tough minded player. He's got the skills, but not the brains to be a good player in the league, and at this point he's never going to "get it."

Excellent job, Otis.

As seen in the poll, as of now, we Magic fans approve 66-0.

I hope those of you in attendance on Saturday let him know how much we approve of this deal. Job well done.

Especially considering VERY FEW OF US (myself included) thought a deal would be done, much less a deal with this much (prospective) benefit for us, with low losses!

Thanks Otis!

On the way home tonight I was thinking about bringing this thread back. The front office really made one of the best moves in its twenty year history today. With its back to the wall it pulled off a deal that I thought had no chance of happening. I figured teams would be holding PG's over our heads and any deal we made would be lop sided against us.

Thank you to Otis and the Magic front office. All hands who had a part in this trade deserve a big round of applause.

IMO, this is the best trade Otis pulled off as the Magic GM. I have to give Stan some credit here, because I'm quite sure he pointed Otis in the direction toward Skip.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

IMO, this is the best trade Otis pulled off as the Magic GM. I have to give Stan some credit here, because I'm quite sure he pointed Otis in the direction toward Skip.

To be honest, this is the best thing Otis has done as GM other than extend Dwight. It's really suprising, this didn't seem like an Otis kind of move. Guess he finally realized this team was ****ed after last night's embarassment.