Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

MAGIC NUMBER...1

I can SMELL it!!! No way we lose today & I really see the Pacers knocking off the Nets to stay in contention with us. The Bulls should beat the Wiz today @ 1pm....with that being said by the end of the day we'll be tied with the Nets(who hold the tiebreaker) & only a single game behind the Wiz who we play this tuesday! THINGS ARE FINALLY LOOKING GOOD FOR US! All we need to do is just take care of our business & things will fall into place. Bring on LeBron & the Cavs or Gordon & the Bulls!

As soon as you get ****y, and think you have it all locked up, that is when you lose it. I hate to remind you guys, but we thought we had it when we were up 3-1 to the Pistons. In a way, that Pistons series almost makes me want to play them. I want revenge!

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

youre settling for mediocrity if your goal is just to make the playoffs...playing it safe will get you the 8th seed and put you into NBA purgatory. we have a chance to succeed at the 7 seed.

Okay, now what if the Pacers do what you want, and they win tomorrow... At the same time, what if the Magic lose tomorrow, like they did to the Celtics earlier this season. All of a sudden, the Pacers are the favorites to make the playoffs.

I doubt we'll lose today, if for no other reason then because Pierce will be out nursing a strained pinky toe, a hangnail, or some other such nonsensical tank-the-season injury.

quote:

As soon as you get ****y, and think you have it all locked up, that is when you lose it. I hate to remind you guys, but we thought we had it when we were up 3-1 to the Pistons. In a way, that Pistons series almost makes me want to play them. I want revenge!

This is very true! I think every "TRUE MAGIC" fan wants revenge against Detroit! But yet @ the same time we gotta use "common" sense & know that we don't match up well against them! Especialy in the 1st round. Why settle for the 8th seed, when we can get the 7th & possibly the 6th?!?

quote:
Originally posted by BallaBoi5004:

quote:

This is very true! I think every "TRUE MAGIC" fan wants revenge against Detroit! But yet @ the same time we gotta use "common" sense & know that we don't match up well against them! Especialy in the 1st round. Why settle for the 8th seed, when we can get the 7th & possibly the 6th?!?

I would love to have revenge but will we get it? I very seriously doubt it.

I am pretty sure that if we tie with Washington we lose the tiebreaker on conference record. We beat too many of those super tough western conference teams. Like many I would like that 7th seed but any spot in the playoffs will do. So let's clinch tonite with Jersey beating the Pacers and hope the Knicks have some pride to beat the Nets twice while we run the board. Wishful thinking will have to suffice. If we play like we did against the Pistons on Wed. we can make it tough for them . But we need to take baby steps and get to the playoffs. There will be no pressure on us matched up against the Pistons. Maybe we can pull a MAJOR upset but I would be happy with a couple of victories. We are not a championship team yet but the experience of the playoffs will be a huge step in that direction. GO MAGIC