Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Want some Maggette rumor talk? Hollinger chat - 3:00

I still have my fingers crossed, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high. Hopefully his family and friends in the Orlando area are convincing him to come home.

If Orlando gets Maggette it will get us to the eastern conference championship vs. Boston celtics next year guaranteed!! I think he really wants to come back to orlando... so my prediction is that he will be here next season for sure!

"Sometimes the best thing to do with expirings is to let them expire"...Otis Smith Feb 2008.

***? Otis dont you wish you had 13 million bucks of expirings about...say...NOW! What an idiot....we could have had pietrus AND Magette...LOL!

We still have the expirings... I don't get that. Can't we renounce Arroyo, Bogans, Dooling, Evans, Foyle and Garrity? Wouldn't that give us more than the MLE to offer? Of course we'd have to fill our roster with minimum contracts, but we'd be able to make Maggette a better offer.

Got this from RealGM, it's encouraging:

quote:
The Clippers have been speaking with Baron Davis for much of Tuesday afternoon hoping to lock up the free-agent point guard to a multiyear deal, according to a team source.

Davis chose free agency, and the Clippers, who would have about $10 million in salary space if they renounce their rights to free-agent Corey Maggette, began targeting Davis today, according to the team source.

The team could also find more cap space if they resign Elton Brand to a lesser annual price than the $16.4 million he was owed next season before he also opted for free agency Monday.

A deal could be reached by Wednesday, according to the source.

Those free agents are free at this point and we cant trade them as expirings after the feb trade deadline. Thats what so many experts slammed Otis for at the deadline. Those contracts were a tremendous asset and we got nada in return. Now we see why....and for the next few years we are hamstrung...particularly since Otis signed Jameer while he was still under contract. Fortunately everyone wants to play along side Dwight....it may bail him out of his stupidity.

Diddy has agreed verbally

quote:
Davis verbally agrees to go to Clippers, leave Warriors

ESPN.com news services

Updated: July 1, 2008, 8:27 PM ET

Baron Davis shocked the Warriors by opting out of his contract on Monday. Imagine their surprise now.

Davis

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the guard reached a verbal agreement with the Clippers on Tuesday night and will sign a new multiyear contract with Los Angeles after the leaguewide moratorium on signings and trades is lifted July 9.

Davis was in line to make $17.8 million in the last year of his deal with the Warriors, but after telling the team that he wanted to stay, opted out at the last minute.

Forward Elton Brand also opted out of his contract with the Clippers on Monday, and speculation quickly began that the team would try to keep Brand and sign Davis. This scenario is only possible if the Clippers renounce the rights of Corey Maggette and Brand takes a slight pay cut.

Maggette opted out of his deal on Monday as well.

Davis averaged 21.8 points, 7.6 assists and 4.7 rebounds last season for a Warriors team that won 48 games but did not make the playoffs.