Sign in to follow this  
BallaBoi5004

O-Sen: Magic may make move for Maggette

quote:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-magic3008jun30,0,3269777.story

Magic may make move for Maggette

By TIM POVTAK | Sentinel Staff Writer

June 30, 2008

Los Angeles Clippers guard Corey Maggette told friends over the weekend that he was encouraging the Orlando Magic to make a competitive offer in free agency, allowing him to return to the team where he started his NBA career nine years ago.

"I think he'd come back in a heartbeat," said a Maggette friend who is close to both the player and the Magic organization. "It's something he'd love to see happen."

Maggette played here as a rookie (1999-00). His parents live in Central Florida. He has often spoken about the possibility of returning to the Magic.

Teams can begin negotiating with free agents Tuesday and signing them July 9. If Maggette opts out of his contract, the Clippers are expected to offer him a new four-year deal worth close to $40 million.

*If we can get Maggette, we are official championship contenders!

Can you imagine...

1-Jameer

2-Maggette

3-Turkey

4-Rashard

5-D12

or

1-Jameer

2-Maggette

3-Rashard

4-Battie

5-D12

6th man- - Turkey

Either way. . . CELTS we coming for the title baby!!!!!!!!

edit: title coz its misleading

limited the number of paragraphs posted.

quote:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-magic3008jun30,0,3269777.story

Magic may make move for Maggette

By TIM POVTAK | Sentinel Staff Writer

June 30, 2008

Los Angeles Clippers guard Corey Maggette told friends over the weekend that he was encouraging the Orlando Magic to make a competitive offer in free agency, allowing him to return to the team where he started his NBA career nine years ago.

"I think he'd come back in a heartbeat," said a Maggette friend who is close to both the player and the Magic organization. "It's something he'd love to see happen."

Maggette played here as a rookie (1999-00). His parents live in Central Florida. He has often spoken about the possibility of returning to the Magic.

Teams can begin negotiating with free agents Tuesday and signing them July 9. If Maggette opts out of his contract, the Clippers are expected to offer him a new four-year deal worth close to $40 million.

*If we can get Maggette, we are official championship contenders!

Can you imagine...

1-Jameer

2-Maggette

3-Turkey

4-Rashard

5-D12

or

1-Jameer

2-Maggette

3-Rashard

4-Battie

5-D12

6th man- - Turkey

Either way. . . CELTS we coming for the title baby!!!!!!!!

edit: title coz its misleading

limited the number of paragraphs posted.

I'm all about bringing Maggette back, that would be a disgusting lineup, but I don't like Rashard playing the 4 anymore, and I don't think that Hedo wants to come off the bench. I hope we pursue him big time and then trade our other guards to get front court depth.

After seeing how Otis loves to over-pay for talent, I'd want to come here too.

I hope Otis knows we have other holes on our roster. Battie is not the answer and we only have 1 PG on the roster.

Two lines:

quote:
he was encouraging the Orlando Magic to make a competitive offer in free agency

quote:
the Clippers are expected to offer him a new four-year deal worth close to $40 million.

Do I really need to explain?

If he'll sign for the MLE, it shouldn't be an issue assuming Otis doesn't continue sitting on his hands. Which is highly possible.

If he wants more, a SnT seems very, very unlikely to happen.

1) Trading Hedo, not gonna happen.

2) Trading Battie & Redick, I doubt LAC would be interested, & I bet Otis would refuse to trade Battie.

3) The Clips are interested in one of our FA like Arroyo or Mo Evans and a swap + filler got it done. Again, seems high unlikely.

Here's what I would LOVE to see.

He tells the clips he wants out and only to Orlando.

The clips then realise that getting something is better than nothing and we proceed in a S&T.

We recieve Maggette and Livingston. They recieve Arroyo, Battie and a future 2nd.

We then need a PF.

We use the MLE on a PF who can hit the 17 footer with consistancy, bang, defend and rebound.

Try like hell to get Biedrins on a very heavily back weighted contract.

MLE in the first 9 % rises

Biedrins will demand more than the MLE. Darko got around the MLE money, no reason for Andris to get that low of an amount. And isn't Battie supposed to be the answer to our frontcourt woes, as per Otis...

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

Biedrins will demand more than the MLE. Darko got around the MLE money, no reason for Andris to get that low of an amount. And isn't Battie supposed to be the answer to our frontcourt woes, as per Otis...

You're right on both fronts.

Battie is just to make salaries work. probably something else we could do there.

and they will match the MLE, but that would be best case scenario.

Could try and work a duel S&T, if we sign someone with the MLE and trade them for Biedrins with 2 future 1st from us and some other stuff e.g jj dooling in s&t

This will all come down too how much Corey wants to be in Orlando. We do not have the assets to interest the Clips in a S&T, especially considering rumours of Barbosa being waived at them!

If Corey is willing to take a cut, which would be pretty suprising, then I think its a given he ends up here. Although plenty of teams will be interested in him and I see the lure of more $$$ being too much to resist!

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

This will all come down too how much Corey wants to be in Orlando. We do not have the assets to interest the Clips in a S&T, especially considering rumours of Barbosa being waived at them!

If Corey is willing to take a cut, which would be pretty suprising, then I think its a given he ends up here. Although plenty of teams will be interested in him and I see the lure of more $$$ being too much to resist!

He's an UNrestricted Free Agent.

They should be grateful to get anything in return and to deal him to the East