Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Poll ... Better Career: Lee or Arthur?

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

I'll say Lee, just because Chad Ford said Arthur. Seriously, I think Lee will be a very solid player for us.

and Chad Ford is a joke

I admit that Chad Ford is on Stephen A. Smith's level of intellect, but in his defense, Arthur would have been a much better fit for us after our embarassing exit in the second round. (Officiating aside, we played really sloppy)

To answer the question:

I think Arthur would have had a better career if WE drafted him. I'm not down on Lee, and as was said earlier phenom, he will be able to develop on his own time and fill that perfect role for us, but it was a GLARING problem in the playoffs when we faced teams that employed goons to bust up D12.

Soul, its understandable that Arthur's size and motor were question marks, but can you honestly say that: A) He wouldn't bulk up seeing as getting bounced around in practice by D12 would be embarassing to the point of motivation; B) SVG would never allow his motor to be in question.

Picked Lee, because they're both healthy guys with alot of potential, but maturity is the difference between harvey grant and horace grant, one has rings one does not, and they're basically the exact same person...

i won't lie, lee can fall into a role player mentality at any point, but if someone can get into his already mature head and tell him what he can do instead of what he can't then it will be interesting.

when wade entered into his second year he was basicaly just a little better than a role player, he could make his own shot, but to block shots and play defense as well as he did take some mental focus, has any of us ever seen wade smile in a game? or has even talked to the other team? can we teach that to lee? that's some hardcore mental focus, it's the difference between him and everyone around him, the focus.

First, this is a results oriented question.

Arthur imo:

Is easily the better prospect, the better fit for this team, and would have had a bigger impact with this team. His athleticism in the front court with Dwight would have been sick.

Here is what I like the most: SVG wanted Lee. This pick is on Otis, but it is also on SVG. Having seen what SVG can do with young players he likes (see Miami when he was the coach), this gets me excited.

fansince89, could Arthur have worked next to D12 and under SVG? I don't know. I was told that the Magic wanted a guy who could contribute right away ... a can't miss prospect. Hopefully, they got their guy.

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

if arthur was on the magic the results would be reversed.

definetely..well said..

bcoz we are a magic fans , we do choose Lee over arthur..

hehe..

im on Lee ( im a magic fan..)

I think Lee will have a better career, that is if both player stays on the same team throughout their career which is unlikely.

On a side note, anyone thinks Arthur resembles Travis Outlaw?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Junkie, actually I said I was okay that we took Lee. I preferred CDR but that was more out of familiarity. Yes, I did want us to trade for Arthur, too. However, after some thought, I found myself asking, "How many 216 pound power forwards make it in this league?" Even Jamison is 235+ pounds and he is a rare exception. IMO, Arthur has a huge uphill battle to climb to make it in the NBA.

For thought, here are the weights of a few other players at pre-draft camps during the last 5 years:

Yoakim Noah - 223lbs

Kevin Durant - 215lbs

Tyrus Thomas - 217lbs

Marcin Gortat - 225lbs

Hakim Warrick - 215lbs

Josh Smith - 221lbs

Chris Bosh - 220lbs

David West - 222lbs

Drew Gooden - 222lbs

Amare Stoudemire - 230lbs

Chris Wilcox - 218lbs

Is there anybody on that list you would not draft right now to play in our front-court due to their slight builds?

FYI, was a 20 year old sophomore with plenty of time left for his body to fill out.

quote:
Originally posted by Hoopslife:

Arthur is only 6'7 though which isn't going to help our team right now. Shoot Hedo has 2 - 3 inches on this guy.

He's the exact same height as Udonis Haslem and most on this board would soil themselves if we picked him up.