Sign in to follow this  
Rojogrande

Courtney Lee

I hope Otis isn't done, and he better pull a frickin' rabbit out of his arse, because as long as Courtney Lee (he may be really good) is our main off-season acquisition, we may as well forget any Championship hopes next season. It's like we have this huge mountain to summit and all management wants to do is sit around, twiddle their thumbs, and act like a bunch of idiots. At this point, I'm having a very hard time getting excited about Courtney Lee, because this draft night was a huge failure as a whole.

Rojogrande, totally OT but what can you say about Japeth Aguilar?

Anyway, Courtney would be a good fit for us, IMO. From what I am hearing, he is a great defender and a great shooter as well, exactly what we need. Now to trade KeBo. BTW, can Courtney shoot the 3?

With all the many options he passed up on tonight I can't forsee him doing anything else. I mean jesus, he didn't even have to work hard tonight to get guys. We could of easily gotten guys like Arthur, Chalmers, Dorsey, and Hendrix, but it was past Otis' bedtime so nothing was done.

When you see teams in the East get better and watch your team stay the same it becomes troubling.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Dan Wetzel analysis:

quote:
Orlando is terrific at making terrible selections, but I like the pick of Courtney Lee of Western Kentucky. He gives the Magic a guard with a lot of NBA skills and size -- unlike their last backcourt picks of Jameer Nelson and J.J. Redick

i refuse to listen to Dan Wetzle until he names his sports column Wetzel's Pretzles or founds a pretzle franchise with the same name

Let me ask you something, Rojogrande, what kind of numbers do you see Lee putting up as a rookie, and do you think he's better than Mo Evans (roughly 9 PPG, 3 RPG, 1 APG, .48 FG%, .40 3P%)??? At this point, I'm having an extremely hard time imagining a rookie putting up those kind of numbers, especially the 22nd pick, and with Evans likely leaving, that leaves us with a downgrade at SG. Considering we drafted a SG, that probably means we won't go after a good SG in free agency or with a trade, so essentially we'll be stuck signing some garbage PF (I still can't think of one PF that would put us over the top) and have roughly the same lineup as last season. I want to be optimistic about this, but at the moment we look #$%@#%!!!

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

Anyway, Courtney would be a good fit for us, IMO. From what I am hearing, he is a great defender and a great shooter as well, exactly what we need. Now to trade KeBo. BTW, can Courtney shoot the 3?

Unfortunately not much about Aguilar. Since he was hurt last season and had to sit pretty much all of it out. However from what I heard from team practices he has unlimited potential. He is already a good shot blocker.

And yes Lee can shoot the 3 well. He is about a 40% 3 point shooter.

here is a about a 2 and a half minute video on Lee. If you don't mind dealing with a 30 second commercial.

CLEE Vid

--Rojogrande

quote:

I'm sorry, but Courtney Lee, the 22nd pick isn't going to turn anything around this next season, he's going to be backing up Bogans and Evans if he stays. Lee might be good in the future, but he won't have any impact as a rookie, we have Dwight, Turk, Lewis, and Nelson who can all score, and I really don't think that the 2 guard is our big weakness. We need some front court depth.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Let me ask you something, Rojogrande, what kind of numbers do you see Lee putting up as a rookie, and do you think he's better than Mo Evans (roughly 9 PPG, 3 RPG, 1 APG, .48 FG%, .40 3P%)??? At this point, I'm having an extremely hard time imagining a rookie putting up those kind of numbers, especially the 22nd pick, and with Evans likely leaving, that leaves us with a downgrade at SG. Considering we drafted a SG, that probably means we won't go after a good SG in free agency or with a trade, so essentially we'll be stuck signing some garbage PF (I still can't think of one PF that would put us over the top) and have roughly the same lineup as last season. I want to be optimistic about this, but at the moment we look #$%@#%!!!

Well that will all depend on the playing time he gets this season. If he gets 25+ mpg. I could easily see him getting 12-15 ppg, 2-4 rpg, 1-3 apg, and 1-3 spg. And since the magic drafted a SG and have several, otis needs to do a little trading and bring in a PF now that is a veteran and not a rookie.

--Rojogrande

quote:
Originally posted by Rojogrande:

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Well that will all depend on the playing time he gets this season. If he gets 25+ mpg. I could easily see him getting 12-15 ppg, 2-4 rpg, 1-3 apg, and 1-3 spg. And since the magic drafted a SG and have several, otis needs to do a little trading and bring in a PF now that is a veteran and not a rookie.

--Rojogrande

There's no way Lee is going to get 25 minutes a game. I'll let him win me over if that's possible, but he probably isn't that good to just come in and offer all the hope that you guys are having from him. I want to be optimistic, but I've been that way about Magic selections that have been in the lottery and just turned out sucking. Unless the Magic draft first, don't count on the pick doing anything special, that's what I've learned over the years.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

quote:

I'm sorry, but Courtney Lee, the 22nd pick isn't going to turn anything around this next season, he's going to be backing up Bogans and Evans if he stays. Lee might be good in the future, but he won't have any impact as a rookie, we have Dwight, Turk, Lewis, and Nelson who can all score, and I really don't think that the 2 guard is our big weakness. We need some front court depth.

Yea but what about nights that one or more of them don't show up? and since when is having more scoring threats a bad thing? given a little time if need be CLEE will not play second fiddle to any of the current SG on the team. And it may just be my biased or the fact that I have seen Lee play so much. But I don't think he should be 2nd to any of them now.

And I doubt Lee will get 25 minutes a game to start either. But I was being more realistic to that possibility as the season progresses. Outside of about the top 6 or 9 picks. Not many of the rookies will be seeing alot of floor time to start the season.

--Rojogrande

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yea but what about nights that one or more of them don't show up? and since when is having more scoring threats a bad thing? given a little time if need be CLEE will not play second fiddle to any of the current SG on the team. And it may just be my biased or the fact that I have seen Lee play so much. But I don't think he should be 2nd to any of them now.

--Rojogrande

I just hope you're right about Lee, but I'm just going to be disappointed until we bring in some more help for Dwight. I think Gortat can be solid and I believe in Battie, but that's only 3 guys, we need more bigs.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

--Rojogrande

I just hope you're right about Lee, but I'm just going to be disappointed until we bring in some more help for Dwight. I think Gortat can be solid and I believe in Battie, but that's only 3 guys, we need more bigs.

Well I agree with all of you on that one. Magic definately need some backup and/or post help for Dwight.

--Rojogrande