Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

i just want to know one thing...

...what are we going to do about our pf/front court problems?

i like gortat, but we cant rely on him...yet. battie? come on now, he wasnt even that good before he got injured-and old. we have the MLE to spend on a FA-thats it. however, there are no good available bigs that can be had with the MLE. there is a very good sg that can be had with the MLE(pietrus)...there were good enough pf's available at 22...things. just. seem. backwards...with otis' thought process. i dont dislike lee or anything, but it didnt seem like a wise choice at 22.

it seems as if the teams that were looking to seriously make trades this off season did so today. where does that leave us in the acquisition of a real pf? so many lost opportunities.

am i the only one noticing how much better the eastern conference is getting? who in the hell thinks that courtney lee is going to take us over the top? at this point, all we have left to offer is turk/jj for some pf from another team. but, of course, that wont happen.

...what are we going to do about our pf/front court problems?

i like gortat, but we cant rely on him...yet. battie? come on now, he wasnt even that good before he got injured-and old. we have the MLE to spend on a FA-thats it. however, there are no good available bigs that can be had with the MLE. there is a very good sg that can be had with the MLE(pietrus)...there were good enough pf's available at 22...things. just. seem. backwards...with otis' thought process. i dont dislike lee or anything, but it didnt seem like a wise choice at 22.

it seems as if the teams that were looking to seriously make trades this off season did so today. where does that leave us in the acquisition of a real pf? so many lost opportunities.

am i the only one noticing how much better the eastern conference is getting? who in the hell thinks that courtney lee is going to take us over the top? at this point, all we have left to offer is turk/jj for some pf from another team. but, of course, that wont happen.

Lee will start, but we have a hole at big, but I think we are going with Lewis their again. Are their any good veteran bigs out their???

Trading Hedo would suck, he was awesome last year, but I don't know how else the Magic can add any solid players. The thing is though, I don't know if they need to get a whole lot better. Dwight got owned by Detroit. As much as I hate saying it, his offense just wasn't there, and we made some big mental mistakes. I think with another year of experience the Magic can for sure make it to at least the Eastern Conference Finals. In the Detroit series, they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. Besides game 1 we had all the other games and just let them slip at the end. I can't wait for next season and to see Dwight improve some more.

Dwight cant do it alone. We had many opportunities tonight to fill our teams holes while being able to retain Hedo. Now Otis has put us in a position that we have to trade Hedo to get better, as there are no PFs worth signing that can be had with the MLE. We could have paid cash for Darrell Freakin Arthur and it didnt happen. Horrible mistake... Unless Otis has something big up his sleeve (which is VERY unlikely) we shouldnt expect any improvement next year. Mediocre moves result in a mediocre team, championships dont just fall in your lap, you need to go out and get them. I just can't believe Otis threw a max contract at a guy to play him out of position.

Here is to hoping that something gets done that we dont know about, but I wont hold my breath...

i agree that even though howard will once again likely improve...that just isnt enough. we need another presence to grab offensive rebs, and putbacks.

We have trade, the MLE (which can be split into 2), and the vets min. Who knows who might become available as well during camp. Some vet bigs may get released and come to us for cheap due to teams looking to give their rookies playing time.

Like I said in another thread, if Otis doesn't deliver on a solid PF during free agency, then sign me up on the "Otis is a moron" bandwagon. There has to be more to it then just what happened last night.

All of the pf's that were worthy of being picked at our spot in the draft had been off the board excpet for Arthur. There was a reason that Arthur slipped that far. Obviously he has some health issues that teams don't want to take a risk on.

While I agree that we are limiting Rashard at the 4 spot, we do have Battie coming back. Now I know everyone is talking about how old he is and he won't be able to handle it, but weren't alot of the fans here saying if the Magic had Kurt Thomas here for the playoffs (an old rotation big, who can hit the 10 to 15 foot jumper, rebound, and do the small things) that someone like him would put us over the top? Why can't Battie do that?

I think if Battie can stay healthy this year, and if Gortat can play a bigger role during the season we will be in much better shape than alot of people think.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

We have trade, the MLE (which can be split into 2), and the vets min. Who knows who might become available as well during camp. Some vet bigs may get released and come to us for cheap due to teams looking to give their rookies playing time.

Like I said in another thread, if Otis doesn't deliver on a solid PF during free agency, then sign me up on the "Otis is a moron" bandwagon. There has to be more to it then just what happened last night.

I felt that same way going into last season and into the trade deadline last season, there has to be more to it. I keep saying that but when the opportunities are out there for the world to see, there is never more to it.

as readily available as picks early in the 2nd round were...that just tells me that the magic werent very high on 2nd rounders like dorsey...that doesnt surprise me on one hand, but in the other it makes me wonder if there is a PF transaction brewing...there just has to be. just adding Lee will not put us past detroit next season. you cant have too many bigs.

quote:
Originally posted by Bisayang Gamay:

Otis didnt use his F****** head..

we could have a PF in 2nd round for cash or future 2nd round also but he only watch other teams to acquire a PF ..

what a pity...

Or he could have simply traded last year's 2nd round picks away for future 2nd round picks instead of selling them for chump change.