Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

NY/ORL draft night trade?

quote:
Originally posted by sourcreamboy93:

Why on earth would we pick Love with the sixth pick in the draft. He is way overweight(probably 60-70 pounds) and takes him forever to get up and down the court. I say that we take either Bayless, Westbrook, Mayo(if he still on the board,doubt it though)and as a last resort Love.

By the way, this trade is a bunch of crap. There is no way Otis does this trade without the KNicks offering more than Crawford. Plus New York needs a point guard of there own. I dont think they will want to settle for the 22nd pick in the draft. Although its an intriguing story, its a pipedream, as the peices stand now, considering the GM we have.

Otis doesn't make moves - he just takes the best available - he doesn't know how to maneuver - no evidence that he does and when he makes a move he screws it up - over paying for Lewis. Good pick up, but way over paid.

Crawford is one of the few available 2 guards who can actually step in and partially fill Hedo's shoes, both as a shooter and a playmaker. Combine that with Kevin Love, and then you have Tony Battie returning, and do we really need David Lee?

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Crawford is one of the few available 2 guards who can actually step in and partially fill Hedo's shoes, both as a shooter and a playmaker. Combine that with Kevin Love, and then you have Tony Battie returning, and do we really need David Lee?

I agree about Crawford, but would still like Lee for insurance in case Battie is not healthy(still un-tested on the court banging) or Love does not pan out, if we throw in JJ and maybe future second it may make NY bite????

quote:

Yes we need David Lee. I like Kevin Love, but your not saying that Kevin Love is better that David Lee are you??

He would be a beast next to Howard. He shined next to those lugs they have up there now.

Kevin Love will develop, no doubt. I just think we have a golden opportunity with a great piece to trade. I want to trade him as i think its necessary, but I want all I can get. And as good as Hedo would be in NY, and they know this, we have to get the most we can. And IMO, David Lee would be as important to get as Crawford.

quote:

You'd pass up an opportunity to drastically improve our team and remove holes in our roster (SG and PF) for the 22nd pick?

Which lineup do you like better?

PG - Nelson

SG - Evans, Bogans, Redick, Lee or CDR

SF - Turkoglu

PF - Lewis

C - Howard

Or the one I posted up there?

Although, I like Hedo - I like the other lineup - we need a PF and the other lineup takes care of two holes. We have two good SF's that have a hard time playing a different position. The two small forwards playing together works against 2nd tier teams - we are currently the best of the 2nd tier teams, but the top tier teams will beat the 2 SF lineup in the playoffs - we won't be able to compete with LA, Detroit, Boston, San Antonio, and maybe some other teams with our 2 small forward lineup - not in the playoffs we won't. And, no Battie is not the answer nor is Gortat. I am not sure who I would want to see get backup minutes more Gortat or Battie - I guess Battie, but Gortat has more upside. Problem is against a physical team Battie may be called on to play more than backup minutes - not good.

I agree with you 100% Jambo, that I'd love to have David Lee, but if that's the deal-breaker, I'd forget about Lee. I asked Knicks fans a while back if they'd trade Lee and 6 for Hedo -- they said they wouldn't trade Lee for Hedo straight up, let alone the 6th pick... not saying Knicks fans are the brightest in the world, but that has to tell you something about how much that organization values Lee -- and they should, because he's a really good player. I just don't see them including Lee, and like I said, the original deal is still wonderful IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

I like the trade either way. Of course I like it more with Lee involved somehow..lol

But, I look at it like this... I think Hedo has peaked as far as trade value goes, and we probably will be out bidded when it comes time to re-sign him. So we either trade him while his value is at the highest or risk losing him for nothing or possibly trade him mid-season(which is a risk, because he could become injured or have an off season and value plummets, thus get nothing much in return).

So I think best case scenerio is for the Magic to trade him now and get the best deal we can, which to me would include a proven player and a young Stud, as proposed here...

Agreed Jambo. And, we don't have a great track record of dealing with players like Hedo, Darko, Ariza, etc. If we can get a good deal now I'd love it to happen, but I think Otis will be afraid to trade Hedo and we'll have a repeat of last year and then he'll try to do something next year.

A move needs to be made to put us in contention. Someone has to tell Otis that having the best available player at a position isn't always good - we have 2 very good SF's that have trouble when we play them together against the elite teams.

I like winning over 50 games and I think they do it again playing Hedo and Rashard, but they will not win a championship or the EC finals.

I think Otis is very risk adverse and I think you have to take some risk - or do you want to be the best 2nd tier team - a lot of teams would like to be the best 2nd tier team. Otis pretty much has that locked up for next season without making a move. Then if he loses Hedo next season and gets nothing in return - he shows that he will waste assets - expiring contracts, Darko, Ariza are examples. We can still be a top 2nd tier team.

If we get lucky and get a late first round pick that pans out then maybe we can compete with the top tier teams.

I prefer to take a little risk and make a move. Hedo is at his max value and we have a max guy that plays the same position and we have to sign Hedo after this year and it might be tough with our payroll - time to make a move and trade Hedo.

Again, I won't be totally disappointed if Hedo stays, but I think the right thing is to move him.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

Yes we need David Lee. I like Kevin Love, but your not saying that Kevin Love is better that David Lee are you??

He would be a beast next to Howard. He shined next to those lugs they have up there now.

Kevin Love will develop, no doubt. I just think we have a golden opportunity with a great piece to trade. I want to trade him as i think its necessary, but I want all I can get. And as good as Hedo would be in NY, and they know this, we have to get the most we can. And IMO, David Lee would be as important to get as Crawford.

I see where you are coming from but in a trade like this you do not want to ask for too much from the other party you need it to look like they are getting equal or greater value then you are.

quote:
Originally posted by soldjafluffy:

what about anthony randolph instead of kevin love?

absolutely...he's got some incredible upside...

some say he's gonna be like a Lamar Odom type...he's not the best shooter...yet...but I think he'd be sweeeeet for this team...

he's listed as an SF...but he could definitely play PF...no problem...he's 6'10" and is absolutely explosive around the basket...

quote:

I agree with you 100% Jambo, that I'd love to have David Lee, but if that's the deal-breaker, I'd forget about Lee. I asked Knicks fans a while back if they'd trade Lee and 6 for Hedo -- they said they wouldn't trade Lee for Hedo straight up, let alone the 6th pick... not saying Knicks fans are the brightest in the world, but that has to tell you something about how much that organization values Lee -- and they should, because he's a really good player. I just don't see them including Lee, and like I said, the original deal is still wonderful IMO.

Maybe if they will not give up Lee than we can ask for there 2nd round pick and nab a Dorsey or some other PF with it or possibly even Weaver?

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:
Originally posted by soldjafluffy:

what about anthony randolph instead of kevin love?

absolutely...he's got some incredible upside...

some say he's gonna be like a Lamar Odom type...he's not the best shooter...yet...but I think he'd be sweeeeet for this team...

he's listed as an SF...but he could definitely play PF...no problem...he's 6'10" and is absolutely explosive around the basket...

He's 197 lbs!

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

Maybe if they will not give up Lee than we can ask for there 2nd round pick and nab a Dorsey or some other PF with it or possibly even Weaver?

Great idea, creative thinking.