Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

NY/ORL draft night trade?

I would do it, if they would throw in David lee, and we throw in JJ.

This way we get a 2 and a good big for our rotation, and pick the BPA.

We could also buy another late 1 or early 2nd rounder, for Weaver, for a back up Point if needed or another big like Dorsey, depending on what we did with the lottery pick.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

If Love is still on the board then its a great deal, if Love is gone, then horrible deal.

Alot of you hear are calling Crawford terrible, where were you when eh routiinly torched the magic this year?

What 1 or 2 did not?

If they do this they better be sure about that shot selection. They also better be able to get him to play D because Skiles, Brown, and Isiah couldn't. Make anyone else nervous?

I dont really want him, I think if we draft Speights we will be all right. And if we can get a 2nd round pick and draft the big man from mempis this draft is a success.

Why on earth would we pick Love with the sixth pick in the draft. He is way overweight(probably 60-70 pounds) and takes him forever to get up and down the court. I say that we take either Bayless, Westbrook, Mayo(if he still on the board,doubt it though)and as a last resort Love.

By the way, this trade is a bunch of crap. There is no way Otis does this trade without the KNicks offering more than Crawford. Plus New York needs a point guard of there own. I dont think they will want to settle for the 22nd pick in the draft. Although its an intriguing story, its a pipedream, as the peices stand now, considering the GM we have.

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

We could also buy another late 1 or early 2nd rounder, for Weaver, for a back up Point if needed or another big like Dorsey, depending on what we did with the lottery pick.

"throw in David lee, and we throw in JJ."

If NY did that I would take this trade anyday. But I think they value Lee to high for that to happen.

quote:
Originally posted by JR_D12Magic:

quote:

If NY did that I would take this trade anyday. But I think they value Lee to high for that to happen.

Exactly. Thats who Otis would want. Their is no way New York lets him go as part of a package, 4 anything besides a near superstar or close to allstar point(such as a jose calderon and maybe even Devin Harris)

I'm actually kind of intrigued by this trade. The situation in New York is such a mess that I can't really blame Crawford on his style of play. However, if we made this trade and took Love, i'd be really disappointed. I don't see Love being a good NBA player.

quote:
Originally posted by sourcreamboy93:

quote:
Originally posted by JR_D12Magic:

quote:

Exactly. Thats who Otis would want. Their is no way New York lets him go as part of a package, 4 anything besides a near superstar or close to allstar point(such as a jose calderon and maybe even Devin Harris)

The only reason I think NY would do it, is to cut payroll after the season. This would knock $10 mill off of it and they could try Hedo for a year and see if he fits with what they want to do. (VERY IMPORTANT FACT..there new coach loves foriegn players who are good all-around players...Hedo fits the mold perfectly, probably better than anyone else they could get in a deal like this)

Hedo would be perfect in the running style offense they are going to run, along with Reddick. So, I think it would be worth it to them to Trade Lee and the pick for Hedo basically.... They really do not want Crawford any longer and he would pretty much just be an expensive throw in for them, and Lee would be the main trading block.

Hmmm...Crawford & Lee for Hedo & JJ or Bogans.

That reduces the Knicks payroll considerably and gives them two players that may fit in D'Antoni's new system.

Crawford averaged 20+ppg last season. The only drawback with Jamal is that he falls in love with the 3pt shot, as evidenced by his 36% shot selcetion rate from beyond the arc. But Jamal is 6-5, and can play both the PG & SG. He had a better than 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio last year.

And with Lee, we all know exactly what we're getting (which is why several NBA experts have said they wouldn't trade Lee for a pick this year unless it was top 3).

I would love it more if we didnt have to give up #22.

But Id probably do it, Lee is exactly what we need. Crawford would be an upgrade from what we have.

It would certainly free up the MLE for a PG or even another PF, such as Thomas.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Hmmm...Crawford & Lee for Hedo & JJ or Bogans.

That reduces the Knicks payroll considerably and gives them two players that may fit in D'Antoni's new system.

Crawford averaged 20+ppg last season. The only drawback with Jamal is that he falls in love with the 3pt shot, as evidenced by his 36% shot selcetion rate from beyond the arc. But Jamal is 6-5, and can play both the PG & SG. He had a better than 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio last year.

And with Lee, we all know exactly what we're getting (which is why several NBA experts have said they wouldn't trade Lee for a pick this year unless it was top 3).

Also, if I remember correctly, the Suns have been after JJ, because of his 3 point shooting, and that is because of the coach, that is now with the Knicks.

The trade would break down to:

JJ and Bogans and #22

for

Crawford

and then....

Hedo

for

Lee and #6

When you look at it that way NY is not getting a bad deal, and it also helps Orlando at the same time....