Sign in to follow this  
KillingInTheNameOf

Marc Gasol

I know we have some posters who are familiar with and watch the Euro game. What are your impressions of Marc Gasol.

I've read comments recently from several sources that indicate if he were in this years draft he would be a lottery pick and he's better than Brook Lopez.

Are those comments completely off base, slightly exaggerated, or accurate?

Thoughts???

I know we have some posters who are familiar with and watch the Euro game. What are your impressions of Marc Gasol.

I've read comments recently from several sources that indicate if he were in this years draft he would be a lottery pick and he's better than Brook Lopez.

Thoughts???

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Thoughts???

Can't make a comparision with Lopez 'cause I don't know his game.

But I've seen playing Marc Gasol almost every week here in Spain, and I could say that he's a true center, a lot more physical than his brother Pau, more rebounds, more blocks.

On the other side, he's still a little raw on offense, he isn't skilled as his brother and he's a little slower.

In my opinion, one more year in Europe playing Euroleague (he has played in a minor cup last year) was required, but he choose to try himself in the NBA right now.

Best case: Zidrunas Ilgauskas.

Worst case: back in Europe after one year.

sounds good to me...his brothers a flippin pansie...

I'd love to have a more physical player...and Offense isn't really that big of a deal with this team...we haven plenty of that...but defense and rebounding and shot blocking is exactly what we need...

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

sounds good to me...his brothers a flippin pansie...

I'd love to have a more physical player...and Offense isn't really that big of a deal with this team...we haven plenty of that...but defense and rebounding and shot blocking is exactly what we need...

I'm not sure about that.

First, I'm pretty convinced that he hurried a little his decision.

Second, he's a center, no way to play him PF in NBA, and we already have the Warlock on this role.

On the other side, he's waaaaay better than Fran, and he was the player with the better overall production in the Spanish League.

OFF TOPIC, take a look at Rudy Fernandez in Portland, if he'll find playing time, he's really NBA ready and a very spectacular player.

And in the Oliympics, Ricky Rubio will play for Spain, a 17 years old PG with a very bright future.

I really hope the Magic could draft him someday...

I can only go by what I saw in the Olympics but he looks like a big guy with a mean streak. I see too many big guys (from both here and from Europe) that are calm and seem to be sleep walking through games. This guy looks like he wants to get into a bar fight, more importantly he doesn't look like he takes losing very well. I think Memphis picked up a decent center out of that deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

KITNO, have you watched Memphis pre-season games.

How the younger Gasol is looking until now?

He looks real solid. He's starting with Darko at PF and they look like a pretty formidable front court. He still had some work to do physically, but I think he'll have a solid season, and make some pretty big strides next year offensively.

After seeing him up close at their open practice, I def agree with what Acres impression of him during the Olympics were. He plays with intensity and seems to be one of those guys who takes competition personally.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Looks like a steal

Uhhhhh.....what?

....am I missing something here? Marc looks like a steal, you know....since he was the 48th pick and all?