Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

Hill.

No, not another "Brian Thread:" I'm talking about Grant. Anyone see how smooth the offense flowed when he brought the ball up?

I'm not saying Jameer should be taken out of the starting line-up; after all, it was his shooting that almost got us on top in the Detroit game, and has won a few games through the season.

Jameer, at this point in his career, makes a good break-down, off-guard who can also pass while looking for his own shot. Why not just have Grant bring the ball down the court and start the offense?

When we originally signed him, the idea was to bring him in as a point forward to balance against Tracy's scoring. Why not go back to that idea? Put some veteran leadership at the point.

No, not another "Brian Thread:" I'm talking about Grant. Anyone see how smooth the offense flowed when he brought the ball up?

I'm not saying Jameer should be taken out of the starting line-up; after all, it was his shooting that almost got us on top in the Detroit game, and has won a few games through the season.

Jameer, at this point in his career, makes a good break-down, off-guard who can also pass while looking for his own shot. Why not just have Grant bring the ball down the court and start the offense?

When we originally signed him, the idea was to bring him in as a point forward to balance against Tracy's scoring. Why not go back to that idea? Put some veteran leadership at the point.

Ive noticed that as well, it happens alot when Carlos Arroyo has been in lately, either Hedo or Ghill will actually be the guy who brings the ball up, if Dooling is in, he will, but it has started to rear its head a bit when Nelson is in as well. I think goes back to our guys not being true PG's - or Bhill not trusting them to be PG's either or.

This all goes back to what if we went with the Point Forward Mentality and shifted our PG's (nelson & Arroyo) to off guard like 30 says?

Ithink we have a good tean remember last year when Carlos and Darko star playing and orlando when they put Carlos to play he have made point and assist our teen start to play like a teen but now for me it is like a compatition who is the better PG. We have Carlo is the better PG that we have he can pass the ball in make point we have Dooling he have a good defense make point and JJ SG 3 point shotter the best that we can have.Ithink they should have more minute we have a young teen we need to have a coach that can make this happen trust for our guys we need new play I think with Carlos Dooling JJ AND ARIZA with have a good future PLEASE NEW COACH AND STAFF

You have a good point about Turk - he's a pretty good ball handler, too. Haven't seen Ariza take the ball up too often, but he seems to have a fair degree of ball control.

Maybe we should just have Jameer (+ Carlos, + Dooling, + etc) touch the ball after it's crossed half-court.

Following that logic, then why have a PG at all?

Why not just play Dwight, Darko, Hedo or Ariza, Grant and JJ?

I'm not honestly suggesting that, but that is logical end conclusion of what is being said here.

Why have a PG in only a half-court situation?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem to me like many of our turnovers occur before we cross half-court. Our turnovers occur in the half-courts sets. So what advantage is it to wait until we get across half-court to give the ball to our PG.

Sorry, I'm just lost on the logic here.

Hey we got to have somebody that can control the game that why I say Carlos he can control the game make good play and point better that anyone with Carlos JJ Ariz in the game with have good oportunity to make good point fast break wiht Dooling that why we have a good tean the only think that we dont have is the trust of OUR COACH

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Following that logic, then why have a PG at all?

Why not just play Dwight, Darko, Hedo or Ariza, Grant and JJ?

I'm not honestly suggesting that, but that is logical end conclusion of what is being said here.

Why have a PG in only a half-court situation?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem to me like many of our turnovers occur before we cross half-court. Our turnovers occur in the half-courts sets. So what advantage is it to wait until we get across half-court to give the ball to our PG.

Sorry, I'm just lost on the logic here.

Good point - but I think it would be a toally different look if we did this, there fore you cant compare the TO's of the half-court game that we play now.

With someone else bringing the ball up....

1)they arent going to jack a 3 with 22 seconds on the clock

2)It draws another person of size away from the paint and allows the the off guards to create without the ball in there hands. ie alot of off the ball movement, switches ect.

3)with more movement and drawing people out we can improve on our spacing and get the guys open looks rather than throwing it up against a larger defender right on the ball.

not saying its the best plan, but seeing as we are devoted to playing JN no matter what, why not try something to give them a bit of a different look, and in all likely hood will make a better decision with the ball and help to create in this stiffling offense.

pro and cons to either way - i definatley see your point.

It wouldn't be a unfamiliar scenario for Grant. He played the point forward for most of his career in the pros as well as college. It could allow Jameer to play more of a scoring role that some of us think he's better suited for.