Sign in to follow this  
lazee

Interesting tidbit

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

quote:
Teammates still were talking about the shot that rookie J.J. Redick made after practice Tuesday at The Palace. Redick made a shot from a stairwell just below the midlevel suites, nothing but net. The ball was estimated to travel 80 feet. As Redick was pointing out the spot, point guard Travis Diener said, "No, J.J. It was farther back. Come on. You have to say it was even longer. Makes a better story."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

quote:
Teammates still were talking about the shot that rookie J.J. Redick made after practice Tuesday at The Palace. Redick made a shot from a stairwell just below the midlevel suites, nothing but net. The ball was estimated to travel 80 feet. As Redick was pointing out the spot, point guard Travis Diener said, "No, J.J. It was farther back. Come on. You have to say it was even longer. Makes a better story."

I think the summer of work and a full camp will help him. One thing I have noticed is no one is very used to having him on the floor.

Brian Hill called a double screen for JJ, which Detroit read and had three people waiting for him. The problem was neither Dwight or Darko read this and rolled to the basket for a wide open alley oop.

That was the biggest difference in the game last night to me. Detroit players know what the next option is if the called play is covered, we don't. We have to pull the ball out and reset the offense. Detroit moves a man and the ball to take advantage of an opportunity.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

I honestly feel that if we let him go it will come back to haunt us on the same level as Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups!

I hope we don't pull any funny stunts like that its already haunted us in the past. But we do have a bad habit letting potential all stars leave Orlando. For that being said I hope we keep JJ, Darko, Ariza, and obviously Howard there gonna be our bright future and bring us many championships also down the line. There young and there only gonna get better... We can't let them slip away for anything not even an allstar player.

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

I'm not convinced he's going to get much of a better shot next year either.

Depends what Otis does to the roster.

I think you mean depends on what Otis does about the COACH, not the roster. The coach decides who gets the playing time.

Alright guys, don't get too carried away here. JJ's a great shooter, but a shot from 80 feet is luck for even the best shooters in the NBA. Just because he hit that shot doesn't mean he should have automatically been deemed the starter for the game.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching JJ as much as any of you guys do, but I don't think JJ has a much better chance of making an eighty foot shot than Bo Outlaw does. Hopefully we'll get a better chance to see him shoot 25 foot shots on a more consistent basis next year, though.

Nobody expects Redick or anybody else to make 80 foot shots. That's not the reason so many here are frustrated by his lack of playing time. I think you're misreading this thread a bit.