Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

I want Grant Hill back next season

All the talk about GHill stepping aside or coming off the bench - HOGWASH! Myself included!

Grant obviously still has it, no question about it. He looks more vocal than ever on the court. He's becoming more and more of a leader, not only by example, but also through all the other means.

Think about it - for the past 6 years he's been on a bench nursing that dammed ankle. Grant has missed out on 6 years of development as a basketball player and as a veteran leader. I feel like Grant is beginning to grasp the role of being a veteran leader only now that he's not looking over his shoulder at the grim reaper (an ankle reaper, anyway).

I want Grant back next season, in whatever role he chooses to play. We're going to need both his veteran leadership and his steady play if we're going to continue improving next season!

How can we reach Grant with this message? www.comebacknextseason.com?

All the talk about GHill stepping aside or coming off the bench - HOGWASH! Myself included!

Grant obviously still has it, no question about it. He looks more vocal than ever on the court. He's becoming more and more of a leader, not only by example, but also through all the other means.

Think about it - for the past 6 years he's been on a bench nursing that dammed ankle. Grant has missed out on 6 years of development as a basketball player and as a veteran leader. I feel like Grant is beginning to grasp the role of being a veteran leader only now that he's not looking over his shoulder at the grim reaper (an ankle reaper, anyway).

I want Grant back next season, in whatever role he chooses to play. We're going to need both his veteran leadership and his steady play if we're going to continue improving next season!

How can we reach Grant with this message? www.comebacknextseason.com?

Ditto on that no matter what some ignorant fans who essentially blame him for being injured have to say on this. How can you have a guy playing the way he is and not sign him if he's willing to take a good pay cut and stay with us another year or two? Not to mention how he can mentor young players like JJ and Ariza.

No crap! I've been so impressed with Grant's newfound passion. He's the one player on our team that walks his talk - he says it's extremely important to him to make the playoffs and it's very apparent he's doing everything he possibly can to make that happen. The same cannot be said about all our other players.

It's precisely the type of veteran leadership that our team needs to show it "the way". This greatly outweighs the problems caused by him going in and out of the lineup throughout the season. His late season production this year is worth volumes!

Without Grant Hill, I see no way that our team tightens up like they have the past 3 weeks and we'd be going the way of the Knicks right now.

we need grant hill one more year, i dont know if he cant start the next season, but know we need this 5 start line up:

C DWLIGHT

PF DARKO

SF HILL

SG JJ

PG ARROYO

This formation is want WE NEED right now

I totally agree. Grant should be back, no question about it.

If want to become a better team, we should look for our weakness listed below:

• 1) We need a point guard who can create assists and feed the right guys, with low turnovers. Jameer is not that guy, at least not this season.

2) Howard needs to work on his FT and mid-range shooting. I know he's young but he's got to develop that soon. Look at Duncan, Garnett, McDyes... they all can take a mid-jumper and force the defense to come guard them outside. They can also hit the important FTs.

3) We need a scorer than can combine with Howard and Grant to make the important points of the game. We don't have that guy now. Hedo Tortuglu only gets it done once every 2 weeks. We need a go-guy like Tracy, D. Wade (I'm not saying them, but like them), and KEEP GRANT and HOWARD to put the rest of the points for the Magic.

quote:

Grant made Hamilton look like a lil ***** last night with his floping when he took him to the hole time after time last night. He still gas in his tank. We would all love him to come back. I'm pretty sure he will too. Great Leadership is hard to come by and thats what we exactly need. Forget any quick fixes like signing Billups and Carter to the max. This team is built for the future and not for a quick fix. We can only hope G.Hill comes back as a player if not I would love him to be our Head Coach next year for his superb leadership skills you can't teach that...