Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Insider Info

Soul Bro, another question. If we draft a shooting guard in the first round which seems very obvious at this point, Mo Evans comes back and Bogans comes back as expected, why would Otis hang on to J.J. to play 4th string shooting guard? Or better yet, why would we even carry 4 shooting guards on the roster?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Soul Bro, another question. If we draft a shooting guard in the first round which seems very obvious at this point, Mo Evans comes back and Bogans comes back as expected, why would Otis hang on to J.J. to play 4th string shooting guard? Or better yet, why would we even carry 4 shooting guards on the roster?

IMO, if we draft a SG we will not resign Mo.

What about White

Every year there are players in the draft that are picked entirely too late. GM's look back a year or two later and think, "Why, oh why didn't I take that guy instead of the bum I selected?" It's true. These things happen.

So below is a few examples of sleepers in this summer's draft. In each of these cases, the team picking them up will be taking a significant risk, but it's not difficult to see each of these four players working out.

DJ White

Despite being a bit undersized for a power forward at 6'8", White is a beast in the post. He's full of energy and competitive spirit. Currently slated to fall somewhere in the second round, he'll be an absolute steal for a team looking to add a little bit of depth at the power forward spot. He rebounds well, makes shots for himself, and has a seven-foot wingspan. He could have the sort of success Glen Davis has seen with the Celtics this year if put in the right situation.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=8974

Could he be a possibility ?

What about the two possible back up pg: S.Parker 6'4" 27 years old or A. Johnson 6'3" 34 years old?. I like Johnson, but Parker can play 1 and 2 guard positions. He only problem is attitude, for that reason I believe that we can get him very cheap may be 1.5M per season. That was what Miami paid him this season.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

What about the two possible back up pg: S.Parker 6'4" 27 years old or A. Johnson 6'3' 34 years old?. I like Johnson, but Parker can play 1 and 2 guard positions. He only problem is attitude, for that reason I believe that we can get him very cheap may be 1.5M per season. That was what Miami paid him this season.

i wouldnt mind either for a backup pg. im sure everyone agrees that whomever is our backup needs to be a taller pg that can play D.

Soul Bro,I have a question? Your source can confirm this : The Magic is in Conversation with L. Rosen to try to reach an agreement with (player name here) to agree to a sign and trade deal. The problem is that this player already have some preagreement with other team.

Soul Bro, how would you respond to people who are very uncomfortable with Tony Battie as our big PF free agent pick-up and what do you think Otis's vision is with that position with regards to success in the playoffs?

quote:

Soul Bro, what are your thoughts in relation to this inside info you have posted. Agree or disagree? If Otis's summer plans went the way you want, how would it be? If Dooling bolts, who and how do we fill his spot?

If the Pistons trade some of their key pieces and Orlando somehow gets the upperhand on them next season, do you see us being a player for the ECF/NBA Finals and do you agree with Otis's plan? How much more improvement do you see Dwight making next year since each season he has been in the league has been a steady diet of progresion?

I could go on with my test but I'm sure you get the idea. Ha-Ha.

Lots of questions. Let me answer them with what I want in a reasonable world. I want Rush or CDR with our first. I want to sign Duhon to back up our point. I want to sign Turiaf to bring depth and toughness to our power forward position. I want to consider making trades with Hedo and JJ to further strengthen our team. This would be a start. Not sexy but realistic. If we draft a SG, the big question will be whether or not we go after a SG in FA.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

Soul Bro,I have a question? Your source can confirm this : The Magic is in Conversation with L. Rosen to try to reach an agreement with (player name here) to agree to a sign and trade deal. The problem is that this player already have some preagreement with other team.

I'll ask him about it.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:

Soul Bro, what are your thoughts in relation to this inside info you have posted. Agree or disagree? If Otis's summer plans went the way you want, how would it be? If Dooling bolts, who and how do we fill his spot?

If the Pistons trade some of their key pieces and Orlando somehow gets the upperhand on them next season, do you see us being a player for the ECF/NBA Finals and do you agree with Otis's plan? How much more improvement do you see Dwight making next year since each season he has been in the league has been a steady diet of progresion?

I could go on with my test but I'm sure you get the idea. Ha-Ha.

Lots of questions. Let me answer them with what I want in a reasonable world. I want Rush or CDR with our first. I want to sign Duhon to back up our point. I want to sign Turiaf to bring depth and toughness to our power forward position. I want to consider making trades with Hedo and JJ to further strengthen our team. This would be a start. Not sexy but realistic. If we draft a SG, the big question will be whether or not we go after a SG in FA.

First at all, I want to say thanks in advance for any info. that you can get regarding my question. Soul Bro, I love Duhon too, but my friend, he will demand more that the magic( Otis) wants to pay. I don't see Otis enter in a bid war just to get him. may be I wrong but that is my opinion.

IDK some mod on RealGM who goes to RDV sportplex says Otis loves Dorsey.

Duhon is not gonna cost that much money lol. He is a back-up PG