Sign in to follow this  
Big EB

How Howard can improve his freethrows

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

I just don't buy the excuse that he just doesn't have a good shooting touch.

Anybody can shoot well enough with a good amount of practice.

Some people learn to write and paint with their feet, why can't he practice enough to shoot AT LEAST 70% from the line.

Brilliant, this should be taped to the inside of any player shooting under 70%'s locker.

BTW, this idea. A for creativity/originality, F for practicality.

1) How exactly is it that his accuracy or touch would improve attempting to hit the back board vs. the cylinder?

2) You don't receive any favorable rolls without the rim as the original contact point.

Trust, his FT would go down.

He needs to go back to his shooting coach. He did in fact improve after being coached. He looked pretty good for awhile, then started going back to his old way of shooting bricks. What happened to the gooseneck? It seemed to help. Why didn't he continue with the shooting coach? He needs more than just a week or two with the guy.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Wow, that brings me back to the Ballerina Layup that Hermann demonstrated....in the playoffs. Me and everyone in the chat room were Laughing our asses off. I had to put mine in a bag and put it in the freezer so they can surgically stitch it back at Orlando Regional later.

I think I was a psychic that night. I was his biggest fan before he pulled that out of his bag of tricks, and after that I ran out to buy his shoes, jersey, rookie card, and a lock of his hair. Ever since then I've been playing in my driveway against the neighborhood children just trying to recreate that move.

Actually, Dwight can improve his freethrows, and the rest of his game for that matter, very easily. He just needs to sustain a massive blow to his head to cause memory loss. Then Walter Hermann can build his game up from scratch. He'd be like the six million dollar man.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

can he jump from the free throw line and dunk it on foul shots?

I'm pretty sure thats against the rules

I agree with geaves. He needs to work with shooting coach the magic hired last summer. He didn't work with him during season because I believe Stan wanted to use his guys. Here is picture of Dwight's form from shooting coach Charles Richardson's website. http://www.shootnet.com/page7.html Arm extended great form. Remember Dwight hit 60 in a row working with him last summer. Dwight started out season with good form and also taking and hitting the outside J before falling back to old habits.

WHY DOESN"T JJ, THE MASTER OF SHOOTING, HELP THIS GUY?! HE"S ON OUR TEAM FOR GOODNESS SAKES?!

Does JJ refuse to give free lessons?!

My suggestion for Howard to Improve his freethrows.....

Make them instead of missing them - put them in the basket..... anything else you want to know?