Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

This is a TEAM game, so that means.....

Jameer did good and I agree with the original poster - he missed a couple passes early, but he's learning to do the thing that all great NBA point guards do: dive and dish. You have to be able to penetrate and throw the ball to the open guy.

Jameer missed the open guy a few times in those last few minutes (HELLO?! DWIGHT?! RIGHT THERE?! OPEN!!!), but he's still learning at this level. It'll take time, but it will come.

I just want playoff this year: the championship can wait 'til next.

I just have to shake my head on 30 assists response. Sorry 30! But because of that learning curve ( 77 games) we may not make it into the playoffs. Indiana has it pretty easy here on out. Too many losses this year "because he is still learning on this level" how many times do you have to taught not to always take the last shot of the game? His job is to find the open man and not to dribble the dam ball for 18 seconds of the clock. I really believe he just does not have what it takes to be a starter in the NBA. His shot selection and his defense is just terrible.

The clincher was what he said after the game: "I didn't see him.", referring to an open Dwight under the basket. Why?...because basketball is a game of angles. He can't do a thing about the angle he creates being so low to the ground. We need a point guard that can see over the person that is guarding him. Maybe Nelson isn't selfish, he may just be height-challenged.

Maybe he needs to understand that sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and no matter what the coach tells you, plays break and you cool down too.

He gets into this "on fire" mode and doesn't realize when he has cool down quickly enough that it doesn't cause us a couple of unanswered baskets.

Loved him on the 4th when he was on fire, but Grant was kinda making plays too on the whole game (atleast what i saw of it). It's a matter of decisions, and eventhou he did paly a good game, his decisions were good enough to not make this a blow out, but need to be better, cuz this could have easily been a win.

Did you saw Billups? it was like nobody was guarding him! Prince between the end of the third and the beginning of the 4th put up 3 3pts from the same freaking spot!!!! Billups was constantly alone on the perimeter also!

Defense has to improve a hell of a lot! Just because we dont have a reliable 3 point threat doesn't mean the other teams don't either! c'mon defend!!!

Last night we saw the good and bad about Jameer. He is an exciting shooter when on but he just can't make the pass at the end of the game. Everyone except Jameer saw Dwight wide open waving his arms frantically. Jameer IS NOT A PG period. He will never be a pg. Talk all you want but it won't happen. With that said we need to keep him as a 6th man which is a position that he is perfect for.

quote:
I just have to shake my head on 30 assists response. Sorry 30!

Yeah, I guess that was pretty stupid of me.

Steve Nash averaged 1.3 ppg, .3 assists, .5 to and 5.5 ppg, 1.8 assists, .75 to in his first two seasons at Pheonix. Guess he should have been chucked out, huh?

Jameer was a great college point guard, but the college game and the NBA game are really different - being great in college can sometimes hurt you when you hit the NBA (see Laettner).

Jameer thinks he can do the same stuff that made him successful in college and be successful in the NBA. Scoring-wise, he's probably right (see Allen Iverson). Winning-wise? Maybe not so much.

He's a smart player and he'll figure it out.

I still say the best true PG on the roster is Diener, but Hill isn't starting him. There might be a reason that none of us know about.

How many teams would of made impacted changes by the 60th, 50th, 40th games considering our poor play and record! Not Bhill...I swear he will end our play off hopes by his inconsistent rotations and playing his players that are having a lousy game. Jameer does not make a basket in the first half and then he starts him with Dooling to start the 4th quarter..now that is a potent 1 and 2 punch. Must of been Jameers great defensive ability!

yup ... grant hill is becoming atleast half the stud he was before!!! love the intensity in his eyes!!

Turk have been pretty good when getting assists

But Grant should get at least half the responsibilities of handling the ball and making plays.

I always reminisce sometimes bout the Grant of ol' days!! MR almost triple double for the seasons!!!

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

I still say the best true PG on the roster is Diener, but Hill isn't starting him. There might be a reason that none of us know about.

I agree with you about Diener.....except "not starting him" is a bit of an understatement. "Ignoring him" would be more accurate at this point.

The reason Hill doesn't use Diener is that he can't recognize young talent and doesn't care what the offense looks like. Unfortunately, we already know about that.

quote:

LoL this is an easy one to figure out. A lot people here complain that the Jammer is too short and he can't defend well. Umm what about Diener? Basically the same height as Diener one inch shorter. Thanks JJZ for pointing this out to me. But he extremely weaker then the Jammer and also a much worse defender too. I see Diener always being the Third string PG for any team that he is traded too because of this...

Sorry Diener Fans stating the obvious here...