Sign in to follow this  
lazee

JJ's got great work ethics

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I've loved JJ every since he first came to Duke but he has a LOT to prove to me before I even put him in the same sentence as Reggie Miller. Now if we are talking only about college careers then that is a entirely different thing...

With all respect Emory, I HATE that argument. JJ is a ROOKIE. Of course he couldnt compare to any established NBA player. You know why? Because he is only a ROOKIE!!!!!! Dwight was compared to Moses Malone in his rookie year, but people werent saying that they can even begin to put the two in the same sentence.

Nobody is trying to compare their NBA ACCOMPLISHMENTS, Im only comparing their style of play.

How come nobody can understand this?!

TheGodfather

quote:
I know some of you guys hate it, but JJ is the White Reggie Miller. He can shoot the lights out and next year he will be able to create his own shot.

JJ has great work ethics. I heard about it a while ago when he wasn't getting any minutes in the first half of the year. He goes to practice 4 hours early to shoot around and work on his game. JJ the only advice I have for you is too watch alot of Reggie Miller tapes and also Rip Hamilton. Watch how the create there own shots and work around screens. It would truly benefit ya m8. Your hard work will pay off in the end, great way to keep your head up.

quote:
Originally posted by Carlitos Way:

quote:
I know some of you guys hate it, but JJ is the White Reggie Miller. He can shoot the lights out and next year he will be able to create his own shot.

JJ has great work ethics. I heard about it a while ago when he wasn't getting any minutes in the first half of the year. He goes to practice 4 hours early to shoot around and work on his game. JJ the only advice I have for you is too watch alot of Reggie Miller tapes and also Rip Hamilton. Watch how the create there own shots and work around screens. It would truly benefit ya m8. Your hard work will pay off in the end, great way to keep your head up.

I think Redick is already a very capable offensive player in need of PT far more than advice.

It was interesting that Arn Tellum intervened to get JJ more playing time. Do you think it was to tell the Magic to "play him or trade him?"

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

quote:
Originally posted by Carlitos Way:

quote:

I think Redick is already a very capable offensive player in need of PT far more than advice.

I agree, JJ probably has the best basketball IQ on the roster. He just needs minutes and sooner rather than later!

I think his agent absolutely said that! JJ is very talented and with even more potential. Memphis, Millwaukie even NJ etc. would love to have a shooter like JJ. Give this kid good minutes where he knows he will get them every game and he will excel even more. he learned a great lesson this year...how to play and survive the worst coach in the league.

And once Howard solidifies his post game and we get a pass-first point guard, JJ will be lights out every night... I notice Jameer sometimes doesn't pass to JJ in the corner when he drives and JJ's man helps out. It's frustrating everytime I see that. JJ's hands are ready for the catch and shoot and Jameer throws up some funky layup or turns it over.. At least twice a game... frustrating...

i agree with all. i hope he gets some good mins tonight and hits some shots. hes been going wide left lately because hes trying to hard. relax jj and let it happen. jacklj