Sign in to follow this  
Badboys

Good series guys

It was a good seeing you guys in the playoffs again. I'm not sure why the Magic can't seem to get over the hump... how is it better FA's don't end up in Orlando? It's sunny, you've got Disney corp to give away incentives, and doesn't FL still provide tax free incentives for FA's? Howard should definitly give you guys something to build around. You just gotta draft solid -and learn to stop committing so many turnovers! It looked to me like chemistry was the biggest problem on the team. One last thing - I would never in my life build a team that relies so heavily on the 3 point shot. It's like gambling, it never pays off in the end.

As a Pistons fan, winning the last two games without CB was really a best case scenario, but no way will we win the championship playing like we did. We shouldn't have won to be honest, the Magic threw the games away it seemed.

Well, aside from some of the gloom, have a good offseason guys. Maybe we'll see you again next postseason... better you than those posers Heat.

It was a good seeing you guys in the playoffs again. I'm not sure why the Magic can't seem to get over the hump... how is it better FA's don't end up in Orlando? It's sunny, you've got Disney corp to give away incentives, and doesn't FL still provide tax free incentives for FA's? Howard should definitly give you guys something to build around. You just gotta draft solid -and learn to stop committing so many turnovers! It looked to me like chemistry was the biggest problem on the team. One last thing - I would never in my life build a team that relies so heavily on the 3 point shot. It's like gambling, it never pays off in the end.

As a Pistons fan, winning the last two games without CB was really a best case scenario, but no way will we win the championship playing like we did. We shouldn't have won to be honest, the Magic threw the games away it seemed.

Well, aside from some of the gloom, have a good offseason guys. Maybe we'll see you again next postseason... better you than those posers Heat.

Why you ask? Because FAs know this team is managed by Mickey Mouse. It has re-hired 2 coaches that have been forced out by his players and are known for making bad draft moves and trades. Not convinced yet?

The Magic have lost/let go of three superstars Shaq, Penny and T-Mac. Really, the Magic now think the only way they have a chance to lure a big name FA is to overpay like they did to Lewis.

quote:
Originally posted by Badboys:

We shouldn't have won to be honest, the Magic threw the games away it seemed.

Smart observation. This team executed the ugliest offense ever seen in the playoffs this year, I mean, even Philly looked much better than we did. Got outrebounded (thanks to the short lineups this coach is bent on using), threw the ball away since there was no strategy or adjustments, and didn't get any help from the refs either.

It's amazing the games were this close

Jsicamore....you seriously need a hug. In fact, go find a nice strong Live Oak and just cling on for dear life.

"Badboys" was handing out some much needed love and you have to go make a mess of this thread like every other thread you have posted in.

quote:

You just gotta draft solid -and learn to stop committing so many turnovers! It looked to me like chemistry was the biggest problem on the team. One last thing - I would never in my life build a team that relies so heavily on the 3 point shot. It's like gambling, it never pays off in the end.

That has been some of the Magic's problems for the past few years. During the off season all of the players need to work on their free-throw shooting, Dwight did improve some this season, but not enough. I don't know how they can work on turnovers. Chemistry I don't think there is much of a problem there, maybe they need to spend more off time together but if I recall before the season started last year and this Nelson had everyone come over to his place to get to know each other better.

Judge, I'm not taking anything away from the Pistons. They win a lot of games by close margins and that's one of the biggest differences between good teams any great teams. The Magic just kept giving the ball away. The old lady in the 4th row did not have a Magic jersey on and I swear they passed to her like 5 times. The Magic also wasn't going after offensive rebounds, a shot would go up and they'd be headed back down the court before it left their guys fingertips. That's what I mean when I say they gave a couple games away. They wern't doing the little things that leads to wins.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Badboys....the Heat is something we will always have in common.

Thanks for the kind words.

Because I am unable to use a better word. Screw the Heat.

quote:

Judge, I'm not taking anything away from the Pistons. They win a lot of games by close margins and that's one of the biggest differences between good teams any great teams. The Magic just kept giving the ball away. The old lady in the 4th row did not have a Magic jersey on and I swear they passed to her like 5 times. The Magic also wasn't going after offensive rebounds, a shot would go up and they'd be headed back down the court before it left their guys fingertips. That's what I mean when I say they gave a couple games away. They wern't doing the little things that leads to wins.

I suppose they see about the turnovers and missed FTs... and about the opp. team offensive rebounds, but I wonder if they note that they apparently assume they won't take an off. rebound by running away when they shoot.

The coach and the players must be able to see all the useful details discussed in this board, but sometimes they make you wonder.

As a piston fan i have to agree with bad boys. Nothing sweeter than seeeing the miami heat fall apart this season. Regarding the series you guys do not have to make wholesale changes those games could have went either way. And we did get the benifit of some calls to be honest. I think dwight is going to have to get stronger mentaly where he can take over games in the fourth like a young oneil used too in a playoff situation.After the pistons lost to the cavs last year everybody screamed blow the team up there finished. you can not do that and either can the magic just tweek it and learn from it. I do think you have coaching issues like the pistons do. I would have liked to see you bring in a dantone or somone with a little bit of swagger. Good series guys no hard feelings.

quote:
Originally posted by lujack24:

I think dwight is going to have to get stronger mentaly where he can take over games in the fourth like a young oneil used too in a playoff situation.

The Pistons are very much in Dwight's head.