Sign in to follow this  
DwightHoward1880

if the refs hadnt blatanly been pro detroit could we have taken it in 5?

mad max youre a dou'che..really though, the whole series changes if we had been the benefactor of the CORRECT calls. to suggest that the refs didnt have an effect on the series is just asinine. what i watched wasnt basketball..

mad max youre a dou'che..really though, the whole series changes if we had been the benefactor of the CORRECT calls. to suggest that the refs didnt have an effect on the series is just asinine. what i watched wasnt basketball..

quote:
Originally posted by DwightHoward1880:

The refs cost us this series...???? Good lord.... you must be a rookie when it comes to this sport. We beat ourselves.... Plain and simple... I take my hat off to a Pistons team playing without one of their 2 leaders on the floor. They showed us what a battle tested playoff experienced team is all about.

Quit yer **** whining.

well, if Dwight didnt BLATANTLY MISSED HIS FREE THROWS then we could've had a chance to win.

gotta give credit to where its due. OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS, MISSED FREE THROWS, and COSTLY TURNOVERS killed us in this game.

Detroit deserved it more to move on to the Eastern Conference Finals.

yeah, some calls didnt go our way...we all know that...

but to think that we lost this series cuz of refs is totally insane...

21 TOs?? thats like last years team...

16/28 from the line??? thats like last years team...

those in itself show we deserved to, not just lose this game, but get DEMOLISHED...

we were lucky it was this close...

The title should read:

"If the Magic had not TO'd the ball nearly 80 times this series, would that Magic have won?"

The answer to that is yes.

It is what it is. We lost.

game 5 hedo goes to the line twice, jameer none, 4th qusrter there were 4 straight possesions with obvious fouls against the magic that werent called.game 4 hedo drives, maxiel is in the restricted area and theres obvious contact. game 3 speaks for itself. maybe i was watching a different game. im not saying we win or lose, but the officiating did effect the outcome of this series. maybe im a rookie to turning a blind eye to the obvious

We had too many unforced turnovers by poor entry passes to dwight and sloppy ball handling but you also get a turnover when someone yanks your arm off and the ball rolls out of bounds....if the refs dont call a foul. At least 5-10 turnovers were hacks which should have been called but stern likes boring ball and thats just the facts.

I think you can make a point both ways. If we controlled the ball and made our free throws it would have been a blow out.

However, there were several times the refs let Howard get mugged and turn the ball over as a consequence. Several times Hedo gets mugged and there is no call. Take the block by Prince. Sure he blocked the ball with his left hand, but his right hand was nailing Hedo in the face BEFORE he blocked the ball.

I think the Magic should shoulder a larger part of the blame, but I have to agree the refs & time keeper had a huge effect on the Magic. You cuold easily say Game 2, 4 and 5 were ours to win and we would have won had Billups shot not counted in game 3, had the ref actually made the call he intended to make at the end of the game in game 4 and sent Hedo to the line and finally had the ref made the correct call on the ball out of bounds like he intended to make.

The first with Billups call was a straight up hosing where the refs could amek the call on their own and hide behind flawed rules. However, look at the end of game 4 & 5 and you will see the ref under the basket making a foul call and not blowing the whistle in game 4. The in game 5 you will see the ref reverse his out of bounds call after starting to signal Magic ball. Replay shows Hedo's hand on the ball with Hamilton making a swipe pushing directing the ball out of bounds.

So you have to look at it both ways. But I said to my friend that after Game 2 the Magic cannot be expected to win 5 games in the series and after that 3 pointer counted basically costing the Magic the game in the end, that is what it turned out to be. You cannot ask a team to continue to put it all out on the line and have the refs be so bias and have a league that says, "yep the shot should not have counted, but so what." What it does it makes the players feel like they are battling more than just the Pistons. Which creates an advantage for the Pistons and at the same time make the hill for the Magic harder to climb. Maybe in the off season VanGundy comes up with an effective way to control the ball and an effrctive way to practive free throws so they hit them in the game. One thing is for sure, we need a go to guy down the stretch and we just do not seem to have it. Maybe Howard will be that guy, but it will not happen until he develops a jump shot and hits his free throws.