Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Chad Ford officially calls J.J. Redick a bust(ESPN chat)

quote:

Magic shooting guard J.J. Redick, who has been unhappy all season with his playing time and once requested a trade, was put on the inactive list Wednesday night. Orlando dubbed the reason to be tendinitis in his left foot. Seldom-used forward James Augustine was added to the active roster. . . .

Is the end near? It pains me that the Magic organization has gotten nothing from this lottery selection.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...05080335/1002/SPORTS

TCO (Riverside, CA): Reddick and Morrison have not exactly gotten extended playing time. I would not count out atleast one of those two yet.

Chad Ford: (1:44 PM ET ) Morrison got a ton of playing time his rookie year and was horrible. Injuries kept him out all year. There's a reason Reddick isn't getting minutes over Mo Evans. He's a bust.

quote:

Magic shooting guard J.J. Redick, who has been unhappy all season with his playing time and once requested a trade, was put on the inactive list Wednesday night. Orlando dubbed the reason to be tendinitis in his left foot. Seldom-used forward James Augustine was added to the active roster. . . .

Is the end near? It pains me that the Magic organization has gotten nothing from this lottery selection.

TCO (Riverside, CA): Reddick and Morrison have not exactly gotten extended playing time. I would not count out atleast one of those two yet.

Chad Ford: (1:44 PM ET ) Morrison got a ton of playing time his rookie year and was horrible. Injuries kept him out all year. There's a reason Reddick isn't getting minutes over Mo Evans. He's a bust.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

I don't understand the point with this one junkie. It's not like he would of played if he dressed right? He probably did have tendinitis. James didn't come into until about a minute left anyway, so it's not like he got the call over Redick.

If Vasquez comes over next year do you still want to trade him to move up in the draft? What would be the point? We would just be trading for a PF that would never play.

Rashard (some PF)

Cook

Battie

Gortat

Vasquez?

Augustine?

Trading someone that doesn't play for someone else that probably wouldn't play seems odd to me. Next year our weakness will turn from PF to SG. I'm not to thrilled with Evans so I wouldn't care if he went. We'll probaly need Redick on the roster next year.

So close, but yet so far. Not one utterance of negative comments about JJ until he sits behind the bench. Thought we might get through the playoffs without a discussion about him.

quote:
did anyone watch taypeworm prince post bogans and evans up over and over? jj woulda been even worse,,**** jj and them white *** teeth

Prince's arms are just too darn long for any of our SG's. But yeah, JJ would have been crappier than mo and kebo vs prince.

Ford has to speculate that JJ's a bust. He must because JJ hasn't been given the minutes to probe himself a bust like Morrison did.

JJ is not a bust but he is on the wrong team. That kid can shoot and he'll be a solid back-up somewhere. Morrison was the third pick ahead of Brandon Roy, and Rudy Gay. JJ was an 11 pick. Instead of looking at who we could have/should have drafted, lets look at the 11th pick in the last fourteen years. I start in 1994 because in 1993 Detroit drafted Alan Houston, the last bonafide star to be drafted at that position.

1994 - Carlos Rogers

1995 - Gary Trent

1996 - Todd Fuller

1997 - Tariq Abdul-Wahad

1998 - Bonzi Wells

1999 - Trajan Langdon

2000 - Jerome Moiso

2001 - Kedrick Brown

2002 - Jared Jeffries

2003 - Mickael Pietrus

2004 - Andris Biedrins

2005 - Fran Vazquez

2006 - JJ Redick

2007 - Acie Law

Some are better than others and most people would trade JJ for several of the most recent ones but the truth is that the 11th pick in the draft rarely produces a starter anyway. Biedrins is the closest thing and he doesn't start all the time. To look at a number three pick and a number eleven pick and call both of them busts is over simplifying in my opinion.

JJ in the right circumstances will be a solid NBA player. We didn't know what to do with Kerr and he flourished on a championsip team.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

Ford has to speculate that JJ's a bust. He must because JJ hasn't been given the minutes to probe himself a bust like Morrison did.

JJ is not a bust but he is on the wrong team. That kid can shoot and he'll be a solid back-up somewhere. Morrison was the third pick ahead of Brandon Roy, and Rudy Gay. JJ was an 11 pick. Instead of looking at who we could have/should have drafted, lets look at the 11th pick in the last fourteen years. I start in 1994 because in 1993 Detroit drafted Alan Houston, the last bonafide star to be drafted at that position.

1994 - Carlos Rogers

1995 - Gary Trent

1996 - Todd Fuller

1997 - Tariq Abdul-Wahad

1998 - Bonzi Wells

1999 - Trajan Langdon

2000 - Jerome Moiso

2001 - Kedrick Brown

2002 - Jared Jeffries

2003 - Mickael Pietrus

2004 - Andris Biedrins

2005 - Fran Vazquez

2006 - JJ Redick

2007 - Acie Law

Some are better than others and most people would trade JJ for several of the most recent ones but the truth is that the 11th pick in the draft rarely produces a starter anyway. Biedrins is the closest thing and he doesn't start all the time. To look at a number three pick and a number eleven pick and call both of them busts is over simplifying in my opinion.

JJ in the right circumstances will be a solid NBA player. We didn't know what to do with Kerr and he flourished on a championsip team.

I like JJ but I don't think he is right for the Magic. Both JJ and Trajan Langdon went to Duke and were excellent 3 point shooters. Langdon just won the Euroleague's Finals MVP when his Moscow team won the championship. Maybe JJ needs to go play in Europe.