Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Pistons, Ratliff laughing and talking trash at Magic players, tactics(Denton,Sent.)

Lewis should be abe to easily take Ratliff, we need to use Shard more he is a sf, so that measn these bigger guys cant guard him, this series rests on whether or not Lewis can take control.

Wow, more trash talking...

I have never liked trash talking, especially between players. I think talking trash in the game kind of shows you can't realy on your talent and need to bother people in order to win. Not saying DET is not talented...

The Magic should take any trash talk and use it to improve their focus, concentration and intensity in the game, and not to satisfy whatever the other team is trying to make them do. Stan needs to look closely at the things ORL has better than the Magic, at the mismatches, etc., and come up with a plan to execute.

Rashard should be more than capable of causing real trouble to any PF guarding him. Why should matchups almost always benefit the other team? Shard is softer than most PFs but is also more offensively talented, and so Hedo, who's big for most SF's.

I defintely think ORL is soft but we're not trying to win a street fight here. ORL needs to establish the pace and try to win the BASKETBALL series.

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

What upsets me about McDyess and now Ratliff is that, on their own, neither is that good. Collectively, yeah, but neither one of them is good anymore. But they talk and act like they, individually, are great. McDyess is an *** and if he keeps making it a point to get Dwight riled up, Stan needs to send Gortat to deliveratly punch his nose.

It kinda upset me too, but at the same time it cracked me up lol Ratliff's talking as if he held his own against Ewing, Olajuwon, and Robinson before.

But yeah we shouldn't talk smack right now especially since we got our butts handed to us. Once we win game 2, then we can talk smack back at them for being senile or something.

Ratliff in his prime was the best shot blocker in the game. He did hold his own.

I'm not one for trash talking. These guys are paid professionals, they don't need to be running their mouths like they're in a High school gym trying to impress the cheerleaders practicing on the other side of the building.

Defense and 3pt. shooting. We need to improve on other things as well, but those two will make the biggest difference in the series.

'Shard should just keep his mouth shut and drain those 3s. Nothing else needs to be said. Jameer, I love his never-back down attitude, but don't talk about other bigs. Dish the ball out and faciliate the offense. Running your mouth does nothing to help the team. Dwight needs to hit his free throws or this will be a long, frustrating series for him. Make them pay at the charity stripe and watch how much less they foul him. I agree with what was said earlier about SVG putting Gortat and Foyle to goon it up some. They have 4 guys to throw at D12? Well, we got 2 to get Sheed in trouble. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he has 4 Technicals. 3 more and he's suspended for 1 game. Let's get in his head with those 2 roughing him up and we'll see how "soft" we are.

quote:
Originally posted by bro:

quote:
Originally posted by Need4Sheed:

Don't see how anything he said was cokcy. Everything he said was accurate. And, Lewis did deliver a hard foul on him. Why can't he state his opinion when he's asked a question about it? There's nothing he said that was inaccurate. And, it wasn't very cokcy anyway.

yeah.....next season the Pistons will draft HULK HOGAN..Even in their title run in 1989 and 1990 I didn't like the way they played basketball.They are the biggest reason why today's basketball does not resemble of the Dr.J,Magic,Bird,Jordan era.The way they eliminated the Cavs is just the same they did on Bulls..Then, they beat Jordan,later Lebron and now Dwight..and they call it basketball...yes you should be tough in this game but the way the Pistons play does show more than that..frankly,I remember the Lakers dynasty or the Bulls and the Spurs but not the Pistons in a good way...

Pretty naive and irresponsible claims you make there.

The Pistons are the reason why basketball now don't resemble the "Dr.J,Magic,Bird,Jordan era???"

Why? Because they introduced the league to tough defense? That's b.s.

And, since when was the "Jordan era" good for basketball? Jordan did more harm to the game than the Pistons ever did. He might have been the greatest basketball player to ever play the game. But, he also was the reason players stop being team players. Young talented players wanted to be one-on-one, I'll win games and championships by myself, get ESPN Top 10 highlights type players. Jordan is the reason for players like JR Smith.

The Pistons actually helped the league by showing it takes more than highlight reel dunks and fade-away jumpers to win. It might not be pretty, but your visions of some "golden era" of basketball is warped because in the late 70s and through most of the 90s, teams didn't play defense. But, it's the Pistons fault?

Heck, even Jordan's Bulls teams didn't start winning until they started playing tougher team defense. And, ever since the Pistons of the late 80s, most championship teams played great team defense. That's a bad thing?

You're basically saying you'd rather the league look more like Phoenix and Denver and Golden State. That's simply b.s.

The trash talking went both ways, the Pistons talked, the Magic talked, it's just talk. It doesn't bother me, it just makes things more interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by RIP CITY:

The trash talking went both ways, the Pistons talked, the Magic talked, it's just talk. It doesn't bother me, it just makes things more interesting.

I think it just adds to the game. If thats what it takes for guys to get pumped up the ultimate winner in all of it is the fans. We get to see some of the best athletes in the world at their highest level.

Piston fan, or Magic fan; one thing that unites us all is that we are basketball fans. After all, it is a game for entertainment purposes.

Hey Rip, how about this comment from one of your Piston brothers named sausagecan. Dude registered yesterday to talk some Smack:

quote:

piston nation will arrive in your godforsaken city on saturday, extinguish whatever it is that was "ignited", drink your beer, use your trash cans as urinals, step all over your 5 ft pt guard and beat yo' butts by 20 and then do it again in game 4.

Best Wishes

Kwame K.

I agree, it's comments like these that make the game a lot better.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Hey Rip, how about this comment from one of your Piston brothers named sausagecan. Dude registered yesterday to talk some Smack:

quote:

piston nation will arrive in your godforsaken city on saturday, extinguish whatever it is that was "ignited", drink your beer, use your trash cans as urinals, step all over your 5 ft pt guard and beat yo' butts by 20 and then do it again in game 4.

Best Wishes

Kwame K.

Wasnt he talking about the players? RIP CITY i mean.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Best Wishes

Kwame K.

I have no control over what that guy says, he's obviously not here to post about the games like I am, he is here to start trouble. Please don't lump me in with that idiot. Check my posts, you won't find anything even remotely disrespectfull in any of the 88 posts I have made since I joined last year, and I even posted here when the Pistons were not playing the Magic to comment on the Magic, I'm not here for that nonsense.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by sausagecan:

Best Wishes

Kwame K.

You couldn't afford the airline tickets you unnenployed trash bag, and your junk cars couldn't make the trip either so our streets will be safe from your scum breath.

LOL, Now we know why the city of Detroit went to hell in a handbasket.