Sign in to follow this  
Catman Forever

Why we will beat Detroit this year:

As a Magic fan since 1989, I have only seen a starting five like this once. As good as Shaq, Penny, Nick, and Dennis were...I have to say that when they're focused, motivated, and playing smart ball the 2008 version of the Orlando Magic is the best yet.

We've allowed the Detroit Pistons to get in our heads in years past. Last year's first-round meltdown could have been too much to bear. However, this year's Magic adds Mo Evans and Rashard Lewis to the mix. 'Shard is playing at the top of his game, and when Jameer finally wins a game or two against Chauncey...he's gonna be scary good.

We have so many weapons. As well as we played in the Toronto series, you can't really say we performed to the best of our capabilities on the offensive end. How is Detroit going to prevent 20-20s from Dwight and get a hand in the face of Lewis, Bogans, Turk, or Evans when the extra pass is made for a wide-open 3?

The Pistons I've seen have tuned Flip out. They truly feel they can flip a switch and suddenly play more intensely. It's cost them dearly so far against Philly, and if they do it again they might find themselves at home watching us on NBA TV. Even if they do regroup and win, I feel for the first time that we can push the ball and win with sheer athleticism, youth, and enough open looks from outside.

It's probably insanely inappropriate for a true Magic fan to lay smack down when our boys have been significantly less-than-successful in the post-season since the mid-90s. I have to say, though, that I've seen a fire in the eyes of our team this year. Dwight was told before the series began that this is where legends are born. 3 20-20s in one round is pretty legendary...but with an aging 'Sheed banging up against our Superman, I think we might see D-12 ascend yet another level.

As a parting shot, anyone who still thinks Rashard is overpaid can choke on those last 2 wins for the Magic. The two biggest games of our recent history and he came up HUGE. Could I afford to give him 100 million for it? No way. If I could afford it, would I? Abso-freaking-lutely.

Magic in 6, on to play Boston for the right to play the Lakers.

As a Magic fan since 1989, I have only seen a starting five like this once. As good as Shaq, Penny, Nick, and Dennis were...I have to say that when they're focused, motivated, and playing smart ball the 2008 version of the Orlando Magic is the best yet.

We've allowed the Detroit Pistons to get in our heads in years past. Last year's first-round meltdown could have been too much to bear. However, this year's Magic adds Mo Evans and Rashard Lewis to the mix. 'Shard is playing at the top of his game, and when Jameer finally wins a game or two against Chauncey...he's gonna be scary good.

We have so many weapons. As well as we played in the Toronto series, you can't really say we performed to the best of our capabilities on the offensive end. How is Detroit going to prevent 20-20s from Dwight and get a hand in the face of Lewis, Bogans, Turk, or Evans when the extra pass is made for a wide-open 3?

The Pistons I've seen have tuned Flip out. They truly feel they can flip a switch and suddenly play more intensely. It's cost them dearly so far against Philly, and if they do it again they might find themselves at home watching us on NBA TV. Even if they do regroup and win, I feel for the first time that we can push the ball and win with sheer athleticism, youth, and enough open looks from outside.

It's probably insanely inappropriate for a true Magic fan to lay smack down when our boys have been significantly less-than-successful in the post-season since the mid-90s. I have to say, though, that I've seen a fire in the eyes of our team this year. Dwight was told before the series began that this is where legends are born. 3 20-20s in one round is pretty legendary...but with an aging 'Sheed banging up against our Superman, I think we might see D-12 ascend yet another level.

As a parting shot, anyone who still thinks Rashard is overpaid can choke on those last 2 wins for the Magic. The two biggest games of our recent history and he came up HUGE. Could I afford to give him 100 million for it? No way. If I could afford it, would I? Abso-freaking-lutely.

Magic in 6, on to play Boston for the right to play the Lakers.

I'm right there with you! The Magic's toughest contest will be the Pistons. Don't get it twisted though, the Pistons know how to handle a big man (remember how they did with Shaq?). Dwight will get his and the Pistons know it, the key is Lewis, Nelson and especially Turk. Turk has been cold blooded this year and if he continues like that the Magic will go to the NBA finals. He is key against Detroit and Boston. He seems to feed off pressure and if that's the case he can rival Billups/Hamilton and he can definitely handle Boston. Detroit is the team to beat, not Boston, and when the Magic realize this it will be smooth sailing!

why is everyone always trying to be a wannabe mod, hutch?

i agree catman, i think dwight will take it to sheed. but, i think that sheed wont be quarding dwight...probably mcdyess/maxiell...with help d from prince, or whoever is quarding our sg on the floor. on the other end...i would like to see shard guard sheed. sheed has a similar game to bosh, except hes a better 3 point shooter. if shard can continue his good play against sheed. i really dont think that a team that is averaging 91 ppg this playoffs will be able to outscore us.