Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Magic swingman Evans prefers to stay in the shadows - Sentinel

Magic SG Maurice Evans doesn't mind being overlooked with so many teams focusing on teammates Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis.

Evans scored all 14 of his points in the first half, going 4-of-4 from the 3-point line, to start the Magic's early roll in Game 1 of their playoff series against the Toronto Raptors on Sunday. "Throughout the year, people focus on those guys," he said. "I'm able to fly under the radar and have some success."

Evans, acquired in a trade from the Los Angeles Lakers in November, scored 11 points to power the Magic to a 32-17 first-quarter lead. He was even surprised himself that he didn't score on a dunk or a slashing drive -- his trademarks all season.

"I just wanted to come out and be aggressive. Sometimes it comes in 3s, sometimes in dunks. Today it was the 3s. I just have to find a way," Evans said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-mnotes2108apr21,0,1994425.story

Everyone is talking about this one and that one...

but without Evans and the way he's been playing our team wouldn't be putting it together like we have...

He's been an unsung hero so far for the past couple of weeks ...

He's definately giving our team his all.

Staying in the shadows like our team {media}...

He's our Energy-Man next to Superman.

Magic SG Maurice Evans doesn't mind being overlooked with so many teams focusing on teammates Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis.

Evans scored all 14 of his points in the first half, going 4-of-4 from the 3-point line, to start the Magic's early roll in Game 1 of their playoff series against the Toronto Raptors on Sunday. "Throughout the year, people focus on those guys," he said. "I'm able to fly under the radar and have some success."

Evans, acquired in a trade from the Los Angeles Lakers in November, scored 11 points to power the Magic to a 32-17 first-quarter lead. He was even surprised himself that he didn't score on a dunk or a slashing drive -- his trademarks all season.

"I just wanted to come out and be aggressive. Sometimes it comes in 3s, sometimes in dunks. Today it was the 3s. I just have to find a way," Evans said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-mnotes2108apr21,0,1994425.story

Everyone is talking about this one and that one...

but without Evans and the way he's been playing our team wouldn't be putting it together like we have...

He's been an unsung hero so far for the past couple of weeks ...

He's definately giving our team his all.

Staying in the shadows like our team {media}...

He's our Energy-Man next to Superman.

What a great first quarter.. Best game I've ever been too.. It was rocking in the Stadium. I think we did good in the trade. Evans and Cook have played well since getting here. I was upset when we traded but looks we actually did good for once ...

See! My man Otis is indeed better than he looks!

Well, he's not my man but you get the picture. Now he has got to re-sign him in the off season or I'll be disappointed. Might probably mean another year of benching of JJ, but I guess we just have to make sacrifices sometimes.

I dont see how he could demand any other place than the shadow of those players. Living in the shadows is not his right but his duty.

One player after one player lives in the shadow of one another.

Dwight over Turk

Turk over Lew

Lew over Mo

Mo over Keith

Jameer over Los

Jameer/Los over Key

There hiding one another! I love this plot!

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

One player after one player lives in the shadow of one another.

Dwight over Turk

Turk over Lew

Lew over Mo

Mo over Keith

Jameer over Los

Jameer/Los over Key

There hiding one another! I love this plot!

And they're all hiding in the shadow behind Stan's fat ***...

T-Mac became Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley.

Mobley being traded didn't exactly work out at all.

Francis became Ariza.

Ariza became Evans and Cook.

So basically Tracy McGrady for Maurice Evans (and a ton of cap room that was used on Rashard Lewis) over these years.

I'll take it.

This probably needs a topic of its own, but since this thread is about MO I'll post it here.

Keeping Mo is vital to our success. People fail to realize he is more than just our starting 2 guard. He is also one of only 3 players(Hedo, Shard) who are able to rotate and play the 3 position when needed. Like when Bogans Jameer and Mo are on the floor while turk/lewis plays pf.

What I'm trying to say is, he has big shoes on our team and in our 9 man rotation. He is a huge part of our success this season and having Cook was only a bonus.

Somebody needs to make an official "Resign Mo Evans" thread because it is a big deal. We need to hold onto this guy.

GO MAGIC!