Sign in to follow this  
bravlady

Not Just a JJ Redick Fan

I got the fever! Tomorrow morning I will board a flight from Baltimore to Orlando and be in attendance as the Magic kick off on the Raptors. Could have stayed at home and watched from my living room but decided this morning that it's worth the money to make the trip. It's not all about JJ, but about the excitement of the playoff atmosphere. Go Magic!

I got the fever! Tomorrow morning I will board a flight from Baltimore to Orlando and be in attendance as the Magic kick off on the Raptors. Could have stayed at home and watched from my living room but decided this morning that it's worth the money to make the trip. It's not all about JJ, but about the excitement of the playoff atmosphere. Go Magic!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I am very impressed! You just earned newfound respect!! Ha-Ha

It's all about the team my friend! I'll be sure to tell Bogans that you say hello! LOL This one's for you Junkie.

Jack_Daniels_bottle_and_glass1.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

WTG Bravlady!!!! That is the sign of a true fan. Enjoy the game for all of us that can't join you.

GO MAGIC!!!

Looking forward to the experience! It'll be different sitting with Magic fans rather than the Magic as visitors. It'll be intimidating but for all the right reasons!

wish i could be there, got to work. be sure to give us info that cant be seen or heard on tv. how the coach and team interact etc. i know you will tell it like it is. enjoy!!!!!!!!!!go magic jacklj

I have returned from my weekend adventure to Orlando. Might I say that after the game yesterday, I was feeling Magic blue flu thinking I should call my boss and tell her I'm not not feeling well and wouldn't be coming back for a couple of more days so I could stay for Tuesday's game. But being the team player and leader I am, I came home.

I flew down on Saturday taking Southwest. Had never flown Southwest before. Usually I'm flying on business taking what the Government gives me (United or Delta). If I have my choice in the future, I will never take Southwest again. Somehow the idea of open seating and a bunch of screaming kids are not how I wish to spend 2 hours on an airplane. But for last minute traveling and the price, I'll give it a 5 out of a possible 10. Don't believe everything you hear...they still give free drinks and pretzels. There's hope for the world of airline travel! LOL!

I stayed at the Downtown Orlando Marriott and could see the Amway from my hotel window. The Marriott is a great place to stay and reasonably priced. It's convenient and not far from Church Street Station. I was hyped and couldn't wait for Sunday. Ran into a few Raptor fans on my way to the Sports Bar in the hotel. They were well behaved as we pointed at each other and laughed! I was sporting my JJ Redick T-shirt and they in their red shirts.

Game time couldn't come fast enough. I'll never understand why they don't let people into the arenas early. The earlier they open, the more money people spend. As we entered, they handed us the noise maker and on the seats depending upon where you sat, there was either a white or blue t-shirt. I was impressed! Everything a Magic fan could need. I can say that the noice maker makes twice as much noise if you smack it on your hand. I have bruises on my left hand to prove it. I was sitting with some great fans who were into the game as much as I was. And I might add that not all Hispanics are Carlos Arroyo fans. The Hispanic lady sitting next to me was a Jameer Nelson fan. Yea, I know it's not nice to stereotype people but I'm a people person and like to know who I'm sitting next to. The kid on the other side of me was sporting a Dwight jersey so no need to ask him. An older couple on the other side were really into the game. Good to see fans of all ages.

You all know the outcome of the game. No need to rehash that. With about 6 minutes left in the game and the Magic up by 14, the "We Want JJ" chants started. The way Jason Kapono was hitting 3's, no way the Magic could let up on defense. The Raptor's coach didn't start substituting until a minute or so left in the game. By then it was useless for SVG to sub anyone out of the game.

I'd say it was worth every penny spent and if I have a chance, yea I'll do it again. W

great story bravlady! ^^ This is a true magic fan guys.. i may have painted my hair(which now..won't come out...(imagine a 23 year old in a suit and blue hair. haha..my boss..well, he's not entirely happy...but oh well, i've got ANOTHER GAME TO GO TO TOMORROW!) and painted my face, but my fanhood fades in comparison to bravlady! She got the guts to pay for a plane ticket(aren't they crazy expensive at last minute;-s) and fly down here for the weekend JUST so she could cheer on her team. I'm glad the fans stepped up and gave her an experience she'll never forget.

AWESOME BRAVLADY. Kudos to you!

*Bows in Respect*